Pierce Ti Featherweight

Jud 96, there are guys out there, like myself, that are thoroughly disgusted with the Remington actions and clones. I like the Win 70 and clones like the Kimber 8400 series. do you have any plans to make a Winchester clone action.. if not, I will build on the heavier actions I like. weight savings in not as big for me as some guys. I like the look of the win 70 action.. I have never really been too thrilled with the Remington action.. God knows I was the one guy that was being put down and laughed at in Gunsmithing college in Susanville, CA. most of my fellow student's motto was, "Remington or no gun." I liked and still like Winchester's Model 70 classic design.

What I do like about what I see is that your bridges are the same height as the ring. I like the look of the fluted bolt body, what I can not see is if you have a Remington style extractor or the much stronger Sako style extractor. you do have the Sako style bolt release. I agree with one or more of the people an integral recoil lug would better. not a necessity but a nice touch.

When you make a good lightweight Win 70 reciever.. let me know.. I will be very interested in making a hiking rifle out of a titanium receiver and a dark piece of laminated wood.
We use Mini M16 style extractors. We don't plan to offer any Model 70 action clones. Thank you

Great actions!!

I'd love to see a full Ti action and bolt...but, with a interchangeable steel head like Savage or Bighorn. That way you skip any galling issues all together. It would be great on a short action to shoot .223 - 6 Creedmoor and 6.5 PRC with just a barrel and head swap. Thank you for your time and dedication to your craft and this sport.

Great actions!!

I'd love to see a full Ti action and bolt...but, with a interchangeable steel head like Savage or Bighorn. That way you skip any galling issues all together. It would be great on a short action to shoot .223 - 6 Creedmoor and 6.5 PRC with just a barrel and head swap. Thank you for your time and dedication to your craft and this sport.
We don't have any lug galling issues with our full Ti actions anymore. The new ones are sweet! Thank you for the support. We appreciate it!

I can see the truly anal and the overly esthetics driven not wanting a separate lug. They are one more tolerance in the stack-up, one more variable that has to be controlled and/or dealt with. Doesn't matter that the mfg's tolerance on that feature is tiny, it is a variable. And they are visible. For the other 99.635% of us it won't matter.

I can attest to the no gulling issue. In fact I had one before the bearing and really had no issues. I have shot a ton of rounds through my short action. When I first bought on I was unsure for many people saying you needed bolt and or head. I decided I would try it glad I did no issues and both rifles I've had them make me are amazing shooters. In fact they are my two favorite hunting rifles. Just wish I could afford to have many more in different calibers. But I make it work. Maybe someday I will fit into a victim groups of not have the calibers I really really want and they will tax others more fortunate than me to make up the difference.

I am very happy with the Pierce titanium action I purchased and which helped me kill this 201 inch mule deer.

len-mule-deer-001.jpg

We don't have people calling in everyday asking for integral lug or integral rail. I never said the market isn't there. I'm not sure why you're getting so aggressive over this. We have made them in the past and we personally just don't have enough demand from our customers. I understand if we offered them then we would reach to more people. Like I said though, we have many many combinations already that we have to keep up on. Maybe in the future we will offer integral lug and integral rail actions as standard features. We're currently swamped with orders for what we already offer. At this point we don't have the extra time or the capabilities to add anymore options to our lineup. I'm sure at some point we will offer more options and include integral lugs and rails. But at this time it would over complicate what we have going on and add more complexity to the machining processes.
Good thinking ,provide a quality product, and supply the demand as time does on add what is in demand

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts