Pierce Ti Featherweight

There's been a lot of people looking into lighter actions and rifles lately. I just wanted to share with you guys the Pierce Ti Featherweight. This action is a Ti body and a Ti bolt. Both are DLC coated and this action has an anti-bind rail for added smoothness and ease of functioning. This really is one of the lightest actions on the market. Below is a picture of a long action version with all the parts ready to assemble including the recoil lug and a set of Talley rings. That's 19.2 oz ready to go! If you're looking into building an ultra light rifle I would seriously check one of these out! We make these with the highest level of detail, pride, and machining tolerances. They're just sweet actions! View attachment 250432

Integral lugs aren't as simple to do as one may think. It requires a much larger initial piece of material and much more machining to make that part. I understand integral lugs seem to make more sense, but they add another level of work. We already offer dozens of combinations and adding integral lugs would add more products we have to machine and keep up on. Maybe at a later date or with more demand we will offer integral lug actions. We have done them in the past but that was before my time here. The same goes for integral rails. Our prices have been the same for years. We offer competitively priced custom actions. We are improving and working to make better products every day. Just understand it would be very hard for us to build an integral lug action at the prices we have now.

As far as headspace goes I don't see how an integral lug would be any more consistent than a properly ground and pinned lug. Most actions that offer prefits have a +- .001 tolerance. That can easily be held with an action that features a separate lug as long as the lugs are ground and the same thickness action to action.

Ha! Mid length TI action
We haven't had many requests for medium length actions. We can cut multiple mag cuts in our short action from standard Remington length up to the 3.110" Bainey box. If one needs something longer then go with a long action. The weight difference is like 2 oz.

Last time I was up in the shop I handed at these... they are sweet indeed! Keep up the good work, guys. Love all the work Pierce has done for me.

We haven't had many requests for medium length actions. We can cut multiple mag cuts in our short action from standard Remington length up to the 3.110" Bainey box. If one needs something longer then go with a long action. The weight difference is like 2 oz.
thank you

I had a previous version of the Pierce Ti. This one looks much nicer especially DLC.

For comparison, my two 'lightweight' actions are a Tuebor Precision Ti that has a steel bolt. It's 22.5 oz. The other is a Defiance Anti that I just got nitrided. It weighs 22 oz. You can save more than two more ounces with this Pierce.

I had a previous version of the Pierce Ti. This one looks much nicer especially DLC.

For comparison, my two 'lightweight' actions are a Tuebor Precision Ti that has a steel bolt. It's 22.5 oz. The other is a Defiance Anti that I just got nitrided. It weighs 22 oz. You can save more than two more ounces with this Pierce.
Yes the action alone is about 2 oz lighter than what's pictured if you don't have the Talley rings included.

Last edited:
More demand?? ummmmm well lets see here ..... BAT, Defiance, Lone peak, Tuebor, Impact, Borden, Terminus, Curtis, Surgeon, Bigorn/Zermatt, ARC, ETC. All have at least one option of integral lug and or Rail (s) but I guess the market isn't there...!! 😂
We don't have people calling in everyday asking for integral lug or integral rail. I never said the market isn't there. I'm not sure why you're getting so aggressive over this. We have made them in the past and we personally just don't have enough demand from our customers. I understand if we offered them then we would reach to more people. Like I said though, we have many many combinations already that we have to keep up on. Maybe in the future we will offer integral lug and integral rail actions as standard features. We're currently swamped with orders for what we already offer. At this point we don't have the extra time or the capabilities to add anymore options to our lineup. I'm sure at some point we will offer more options and include integral lugs and rails. But at this time it would over complicate what we have going on and add more complexity to the machining processes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.