Pierce Ti Featherweight

More demand?? ummmmm well lets see here ..... BAT, Defiance, Lone peak, Tuebor, Impact, Borden, Terminus, Curtis, Surgeon, Bigorn/Zermatt, ARC, ETC. All have at least one option of integral lug and or Rail (s) but I guess the market isn't there...!! 😂
Well that's not the. Way to look at it. Lots of things are on the market being pushed by things not called demand. Solar power?
He stated that it would raise cost. Which it would with more machining. Since no one builds as light of action with one that means it's not a far comparison price wise. If someone else made a full ti action with a built in recoil lug for the same price the. Yes maybe pierce should eat the coast and do it. But no one does. Plus as said it doesn't make it any more accurate or less accurate so why add cost where it doesn't matter. If you need a built in lug to know you are gonna hit your target all those listed are for you.
If you want the absolute lightest action that will produce more accuracy than probably anyone here can shoot than you have one option.
Since pierce sell a ton of the ti action because they are the only ones that light maybe the market says the demand is in the right spot as it was for me lightest possible action.
Now as you can see I like pierce not because I'm brand loyal but because they won me over as a custom. And I've had and shot many other brands you listed and loved them but when my money had to be parted with they had what I was I was in the market for.

are there any caliber restrictions on TI actions, or just anything that is a current SAAMI spec is OK?
No restrictions I know of I was at one point gonna built a lapua improved off one or a norma and was a bit worried but know of a gentleman that was on his 3rd barrel on a lapua with a ti action. So that was good enough for me. Found a lot of other guys pushing some larger bolt face stuff on them and no issues.
I ended up going with a 30 Sherman instead cause it fit my needs better.

Funny how folks have different wants/needs from their actions. I bet you could do an "integrated" lug like your ELR actions and it would satisfy 99% of the integrated lug questions.

I like the ease of not having to cut the recoil lug in the tenon but it wouldn't keep me from buying an action I wanted.

Great looking action and impressive weight.

are there any caliber restrictions on TI actions, or just anything that is a current SAAMI spec is OK?
There's no cartridge restriction really. As long as you stay within SAAMI pressure limits or thereabouts you won't have pressure issues.

Aggressive? seriously... we grown men cant have an actual conversation with me stating facts and they get turned into aggressiveness?? WOW that is funny!
good for you on being busy.
I'm not trying to cause issues with you. I'm just stating why we currently don't offer the integral lugs and rails as standard features.

We are a small but growing shop. We currently do not have the time to research, develop, and produce another alternative action. I understand the integral lug actions sell and that it's important to many people. I'm not denying that. I simply machine the parts and make the actions. From my perspective, it can be a lot to keep up with the options we already make. The machine time is important because we can't slow down our production at this time do to how busy we are. I understand where you're coming from but you need to understand where we are coming from. It's not as simple as copying and pasting an integral lug. It's changing a lot of how we do things to accommodate that in the busiest time in a long time.

I have one of these arriving any day now for my 300 Norma. I anticipate it being equal to my Bat in fit and finish as well as accuracy. They only advantage for a integral lug in my mind is if you are switching barrels often but a pinned lug petty much takes care of that.

I have one of these arriving any day now for my 300 Norma. I anticipate it being equal to my Bat in fit and finish as well as accuracy. They only advantage for a integral lug in my mind is if you are switching barrels often but a pinned lug petty much takes care of that.
Thank you. I hope you love your Pierce action and we would really love to hear how it does for you once your rifle is built. Thanks again!

I wanted to post this and show the weight of our Ti Featherweight long action minus the Talley rings.
926DEEB3-6BBC-4110-94A0-5CCE8FB8AF93.jpeg

incredibly light weight - should be great for a mountain rifle!

Some other Ti action manufacturers seem to favor a steel bolt in Ti action, and explain this because Ti on Ti is more susceptible to galling. Some of their actions are also DLC coated. How do you feel about the potential for galling?

incredibly light weight - should be great for a mountain rifle!

Some other Ti action manufacturers seem to favor a steel bolt in Ti action, and explain this because Ti on Ti is more susceptible to galling. Some of their actions are also DLC coated. How do you feel about the potential for galling?
We also offer Ti actions with steel bolts as well, those are more common but heavier obviously. We have designed a roller bearing on the cocking piece for our Ti actions with Ti bolts, they're DLC coated, and they have an anti bind rail. Those three things have really improved the functioning and reliability of these actions.

We also offer Ti actions with steel bolts as well, those are more common but heavier obviously. We have designed a roller bearing on the cocking piece for our Ti actions with Ti bolts, they're DLC coated, and they have an anti bind rail. Those three things have really improved the functioning and reliability of these actions.
thank you

Jud 96, there are guys out there, like myself, that are thoroughly disgusted with the Remington actions and clones. I like the Win 70 and clones like the Kimber 8400 series. do you have any plans to make a Winchester clone action.. if not, I will build on the heavier actions I like. weight savings in not as big for me as some guys. I like the look of the win 70 action.. I have never really been too thrilled with the Remington action.. God knows I was the one guy that was being put down and laughed at in Gunsmithing college in Susanville, CA. most of my fellow student's motto was, "Remington or no gun." I liked and still like Winchester's Model 70 classic design.

What I do like about what I see is that your bridges are the same height as the ring. I like the look of the fluted bolt body, what I can not see is if you have a Remington style extractor or the much stronger Sako style extractor. you do have the Sako style bolt release. I agree with one or more of the people an integral recoil lug would better. not a necessity but a nice touch.

When you make a good lightweight Win 70 reciever.. let me know.. I will be very interested in making a hiking rifle out of a titanium receiver and a dark piece of laminated wood.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.