Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

What Leupold needs is a scope like the Zeiss Z 600 , 800 and 1000 reticle . A long range scope with windage marks and numbers on the yardages.
I like Leupold but they are way behind on their reticles and doubt if they will ever change. The folks I know have All went to the Zeiss Z scopes because of their retical design !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Leupold but you are losing Market share !

I would absolutely buy an MOA reticle from Leupold. Leupolds have always been my favorite scope but with no MOA reticle I am forced to buy the Nightforce which is the next scope that I am saving my pennies for right now. And I don't even want it in the cheap scope. At least offer it in the LRT; 8-24, Target MOA Turrets, Side Focus, and the MOA reticle. It would be great. Slim

I'm in. I would not only change the Leupold's I have, but would buy 2 more 4.5 x 14lr. 1MOA (long and short ticks) would be great for windage and on the lower post for speed if you don't have time to set the turret.

I've used Leupold products for 44yrs and if they were to offer MOA reticles I would purchase one. I do not try to take long shots on game but improvements in the industry has allowed those that practice a definite advantage in the occasional long shot. I still like shots close because walking up and down is not fun anymore` for this duffer.

ramsass375

I agree a MOA reticle is long overdue. Leupold needs to make these changes to accomodate the LR Hunter. If they think change is expensive, they ought to think about the loss of loyal custumers to another scope manufacturer.

I just called Leupold to inquire about the MOA reticle and I was told that enough people have asked for it including people who work there that the engineers are looking into it and he said it sounds like a real possibility that they will be moving foreward with something

I was going to just get a TMR then turn it down in power and mark it where the hash marks became MOA but I am getting along just fine as is. so ill just leave it as is till Leupold comes out with an actual MOA reticle. you can do a lot with a standard duplex if you know the spacing at different powers

I have stopped by their booth at SHOT every year for the last 6 and asked when they will give teh MOA shooters a break. They mostly say never and I mostly respond then I'll just continue to buy your competitor's scopes. True to my word, I don't own any Leuold scopes.

JeffVN

I have stopped by their booth at SHOT every year for the last 6 and asked when they will give teh MOA shooters a break. They mostly say never and I mostly respond then I'll just continue to buy your competitor's scopes. True to my word, I don't own any Leuold scopes.

JeffVN

A ridiculous (and so easily changed) situation, confirmed by my personal experience as well as mentioned early on in this thread...

I met with Alan Ranson, Head of Technical Services at Leupold last Monday. I asked him about the moa reticle. He said they are working on it. Should be available next summer or fall. Mil reticle came out first for miltary and law enforcement use.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.