Looking for MOA based grid reticle

CarbonLead

I am currently using a Primary Arms R-Grid reticle 4-14x44 30mm, 1/10 mil clicks, mil based subtensions with the grid marked down to the 1/2 mil. I am looking to upgrade to something with a higher magnification and possibly MOA based reticle for ease of ranging ease of math period and gain a little more precision with MOA system. I am wanting a grid type reticle for quick follow up shots and not wanting to use a mil dot style reticle. I have been researching MOA reticles by many different manufactures and reticles for a good grid style reticle. Currently I have been looking at the TS-29X1, TS-32X1, and TS-60X2 MOA reticles from Leupold. Mil based its been Horus H27 H59 H58 and mainly the H25 reticle which is mil based with an MOA ranging bracket in the reticle. Ideal is MOA based grid reticle with reticle subtensions for elevation and windage at 1 MOA and not 2 or 4 like many seem to be. The leupold TS-29x1 moa or TS-32x1 moa with indications at every 2 moa down the tree is ok but I would rather have them close to every 1 moa if I can find a reticle like that. The TS-29x1 is a little short I would hope to get a reticle with 32+ moa in it. Is there any insight into what reticles are out there like this and which reticle out there is best? Any useful info is appreciated. Thanks!!

I really like the NF MOAR or MOAR-t, Vortex VMR-1(moa). I dont believe the Leupold TMOA is anywhere 32MOA. The Vortex is 30 and the NF is either 20 or 30, it may depend on the model.

I like those as well they are good reticles. I am looking more for a full grid type reticle though. Like the ones I described in the original post. I will keep those you mentioned in mind though I have some other projects to consider them for.

I just picked up a Mk4 6.5x20 with the TS29 reticle. I zeroed the scope today and I think I made a really good choice. Not nearly as busy as most of the Horus reticles (which is what got me thinking about the "grid" type reticles) and yet very servicable. Maybe next weekend I will be able to do more testing.

I am currently using a Primary Arms R-Grid reticle 4-14x44 30mm, 1/10 mil clicks, mil based subtensions with the grid marked down to the 1/2 mil. I am looking to upgrade to something with a higher magnification and possibly MOA based reticle for ease of ranging ease of math period and gain a little more precision with MOA system. I am wanting a grid type reticle for quick follow up shots and not wanting to use a mil dot style reticle. I have been researching MOA reticles by many different manufactures and reticles for a good grid style reticle. Currently I have been looking at the TS-29X1, TS-32X1, and TS-60X2 MOA reticles from Leupold. Mil based its been Horus H27 H59 H58 and mainly the H25 reticle which is mil based with an MOA ranging bracket in the reticle. Ideal is MOA based grid reticle with reticle subtensions for elevation and windage at 1 MOA and not 2 or 4 like many seem to be. The leupold TS-29x1 moa or TS-32x1 moa with indications at every 2 moa down the tree is ok but I would rather have them close to every 1 moa if I can find a reticle like that. The TS-29x1 is a little short I would hope to get a reticle with 32+ moa in it. Is there any insight into what reticles are out there like this and which reticle out there is best? Any useful info is appreciated. Thanks!!

Since you've been looking at Leupolds, have you considered Darrell Holland's AMR scopes?

I upgraded the retical to a ts 29 on my 5-20x Leuy and bought a 4.5-15 with the ts-32.

Ones on a 375 AM the other is on a 270 WSM.

Am plumb pleased all the way around.

Greatly reduces time between target acquisition and shot. Eliminates clicking except for extremely long rang.

Scopes are incredibly clear and not too "busy" resulting in great confidence.

However they would be a bit more pleasing if FFP.

The Sightron MOA-H

Attachments

• moah_illuminated.jpg
    moah_illuminated.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 233
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.