Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

I would buy one in a heartbeat. To bad they don't have one on the market now. I will be purchasing a scope for my new build here shortly.

You would think the demand for Nightforce's NP-R1 reticle would tip them off at $1400 entry level, much less Vortex delivery being out almost 6 months on their VX-III priced units. I would've bought 2 Mk4's with the money I spent on one NF to get that reticle.

If Vortex can supply their scopes to meet even half of the demand for MOA reticles, they could end up building a strong enough brand/product to get into Leupold's market share pretty deep. If was at Leupold, I wouldn't want to be the guy in Marketing to have to explain that in a meeting!

The fact that Leupold doesn't have a MOA reticle is why I went with Vortex! I would also like to petition for some sort of Leupold zero stop! Please and Thank you.

I bought a Leupold Mark AR for my 300 RUM in 6-18x40. I sent in to the custom shop with my ballistics and got target knobs all ( scope included ) for around $560 , compare that to a $1600 nightforce. $1100 for a zero stop? I called leupold last week as I am looking to purchase another scope and expressed my interest in a zero stop and was told that next year they will have a zero stop for the Mark4 and once this is successful, they will have a system that will work on the Mark AR.

Personally I have given up hope on Leupold ever coming out with an MOA reticle. I just call them up everytime that I buy a new scope and say that I have bought something else. I am really disappointed in them because how hard is it really to add a new reticle? Order a batch of lenses and keep them on the shelf and stick one in every once in a while. Shoot even if its a custom job. Just called them last week and told them I am getting ready to buy another scope from Nightforce. Slim

With Leupold keeping their heads in the sand on this issue. It raises the question of why someone in the aftermarket dosen't pickup on this? I would think that there would be enough of a demand to justify the expense to offer this. I could be wrong though.

With Leupold keeping their heads in the sand on this issue. It raises the question of why someone in the aftermarket dosen't pickup on this? I would think that there would be enough of a demand to justify the expense to offer this. I could be wrong though.

I asked Leupold why there are no longer firms offering aftermarket reticles, etc. for Leupold scopes. Leupold stopped issuing licenses for that work because most aftermarket shops glued the scopes together after working on them making it impossible for Leupold to do warranty work on them. Customers were upset that any scope sent in with an aftermarket reticle was replaced with a new scope with Leupold reticles instead of being repaired.

I asked Leupold why there are no longer firms offering aftermarket reticles, etc. for Leupold scopes. Leupold stopped issuing licenses for that work because most aftermarket shops glued the scopes together after working on them making it impossible for Leupold to do warranty work on them. Customers were upset that any scope sent in with an aftermarket reticle was replaced with a new scope with Leupold reticles instead of being repaired.

TK Lee offers a dot system but only on the vertical hair.
My buddy has this system in his leupold.
The scope had issues. POI shift. Tracking problems. He sent it back for repair.
Returned to him in 4 weeks with the same reticle.
Issue fixed.
Still wondering why nobody else is willing to provide a service for this niche.

I just ordered my first Vortex scope. A Viper HS LR with MOA type reticle. I have been all leupold for 25 years and 1 NF until now. We will see how the Viper is, Reason was the MOA style reticle..

It has an exposed turret w/1/2 MOA elevation clicks. We will see how that works out..

Mark

like its been said before, if they came out with a MOA reticule I would be getting mine updated and buying another, but since they ignore their customers I think Im gonna get a Vortex.

I would love a MOA/MOA Leupold! It would take the stress out of finding a scope that meets my needs and is a well known and time tested brand. Currently it is looking like the Vortex 2.5-10 PST, but I just can't bite the bullet on that one until I can physically see one. Problem is that there aren't two many dealers around. A Leupold I think I could buy without having looked it over.

Definitely in on this one!!

Matt N

With companies like Sightron and Vortex on deck why even bother with Lupys anymore?

I haven't ever held a Sightron or Vortex in my hands. There are no dealers nearby that stock either brand. Everywhere I look on the net Vortex is getting great reviews, but the brand isn't well known nor does it have a long history like Leupold. I had never heard of Sightron until I started reading up on longer range shooting and tactical-type scopes. History for them is unknown to me.

Money is tight for me on these things, and I just can't drop $600 to $1000 because a bunch of people I don't know personally said that they are good. I maybe a little paranoid, but I can't afford to spend that kind of money on a scope with out playing with it a little.

I really hope that this spring when the Dakota Territory gun show comes through Grand Forks and Fargo, ND that a vendor has these brands so I can see them and form a first-hand opinion of them for myself.

I think that my feelings on them may apply to many others out in the world, but it is possible that they don't too.

Matt N

Over the last 40 years I have owned many scopes. I came to a concensus Lepould was the best bang for your buck. Until Sightron came out with their SIII line of scopes. I now have changed my mind and now think Nitghtforce and Sightron have taken Leupolds place as having superior products woth the extra bucks.
Nat Lambeth

The lack of MOA stadia on any of their scopes is the primary reason I stopped buying Leupold scopes. Ten years ago, my rifles wore nothing but Leuppy's, today only one has a Leuppy, the others wear either a Nightforce or Vortex.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.