Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

I guess, until they do, I'll just turn the power down on the 8-25X TMR.

22.5X will give 2 IPHY per mark.
21.5X will give 2 Moa per mark (instead of the 1/2 mil per mark at 25X)

Way easier to leave the power on another marked setting then have to convert mils to moa's to dial the scope (which has 1/4min clicks). Mil reticles should have mil turrets, I see they now make them (M5)

MOA/IPHY reticle with 1/4minute or 1/4 inch clicks is the way to go :)
I don't see why it would be so hard to make it. Others are doing it, and they don't have near the scope making experience that Leupold has. Come on Leupold........step up to the plate!

Last edited:
I shoot the Mark 4's and have a MOA reticle , check out Hollands , mine are in 1.5 moa increments
REV-24BarDot_400.jpg

REV-ART30_400.jpg

these also have increments in mils for ranging.
I have these on most of my handcannons and the ones with out have mildot. , I have built drops for each caliber with all of the information to use either the MOA reticle or the mildot and not have to constantly be turning the turrets.
nmhunter

Last edited:
Not a big deal.....and Leupold must be thinking how come these guys can't work around it with all the reticles we already give them....a real no-brainer.....

My first long range scope where Leupolds but after a couple of knob problems I gave up and went IOR with MP-8 reticles in them. Sure they are ½mill hashes @ 10x but @ 18x they magicly turn into MOA hashes:D
If Leuplod would have put MOA reticles in when we where asking for them 15 years ago there would be 10-15 more Leupolds in the safe instead of just a handfull of 12x's!!
Its too late for Leupold to start with an MOA reticle ..................unless they could retrofit the used ones cost effectivly.

If Leuplod would have put MOA reticles in when we where asking for them 15 years ago there would be 10-15 more Leupolds in the safe instead of just a handfull of 12x's!!

+1,

I bought my first NF around 15 years ago for this very reason. Back when a guy had to send his Leupold in to Premier and get a different reticle, and I don't recall moa being one of the options.

Texan79

Great Idea!!!! +1 more for Leupold putting out an MOA reticle!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be honest I love Leupold, but in the last two years while looking for scopes to place on my rifles, hunting, varmint/predator or target rifles, I have looked else where for scopes. After shooting my brothers Edge with the Nightforce NP-R1, I only look for MOA teticles. I have ordered a Vortex PST with an MOA EBR-1 reticle for my Edge. My money use to be reserved for Leupold but since they do not have what I want I must purchase scopes from their competitors.

This is off topic, I would like to see the EBR-1 MOA reticle in more of Vortex's scopes too.

I have been pushing for this for several years now.
I am disappointed they are behind the curve in this area.
Sometimes it seems like big companies take more time to do things.
Hopefully when they get one, it will be well thought out and very practical.
It needs to be offered in both FFP and SFP in my opinion.

Premier Reticles made me a reticle with MOA DOTS AND MULTIIPLYER MY 6.5-20x40 went to 14.5-35x40 ... they will no longer do this Leupold stopped them.. and Leupold will not do it
it cost about 200 in 1992 to do both and the scope cost about 550 ... i have tried to get both to do it for 3 years.. praire dog gun deluxe ..made 1000y kill the first time i went hunting.., james

I have bought 3 Nightforce scopes just to get the MOA reticle. Would have stayed will Leupold if they had an MOA reticle.

In the future if Leupold should offer a MOA reticle in their scopes, I would consider it - if they do it right.

I have a VX-3 that works great if you don't touch the turrets. It never goes back to zero. It is always off by a few clicks and never consistant. This scope now resides on a lever gun I use for whitetails here in the east where I am. Most shots are point blank anyway.

A few months ago I received a Greybull Precision Hunting Optic ; a VX 3LR i believe, and this scope is much better. I could quibble about some minor issues I have with it but that is for another time (and they are really minor issues)

My point is here are two scopes that Leupold built. One is almost junk while the other is quite good.

Leupold would have to build it right for me to buy it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.