Peterson Brass

I am happy to announce that Hammer Bullets is now a stocking dealer for Peterson Brass. In our opinion Peterson Brass is the best brass on the market. We have our initial order in and available for order on our website. So far we are just ordering in the 50 round ammo boxes. We will see how well it goes and then next order may start bringing in the bulk boxes of the most popular sellers. We are running the brass at minimum advertised price, which will be as good as it gets anywhere. Let me know what other cartridges you would like to see and we will do our best to get them in stock.

Only makes sense to have premium brass available with premium bullets. Here is what we have on hand now. https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/peterson-brass/
Is there potential for loaded ammo in the future? Past comments made it sound like that's not something you want to get into. Just figured I'd ask.

I will say, I don't even have one of these firebreathers but if Peterson started making .378 weatherby cases (.30-378, .338-378, .378……) I just might need one. Would be a game changer. I know it's been said there's little advantage to the .30-378 when lapua and adg and Peterson 338 lapua brass can take so much more pressure (and so the .30-338 lapua or improved version…). If they made .30-378 the king would indeed wear the crown with authority!

Next order we will obviously be limited to what they have available. Also there is a min order qty that makes it so we can't just order brass every time another cartridge comes available. We will see how fast we sell brass. It would be cool if we could meet the minimum order with a single cartridge whenever they make a run.
What is the minimum order amount?

Is there potential for loaded ammo in the future? Past comments made it sound like that's not something you want to get into. Just figured I'd ask.
At one time we were considering investing in commercial loading equipment but not now. I don't anticipate having loaded ammo on the shelf but I suppose it could happen. Manufactured by someone else.

I am happy to announce that Hammer Bullets is now a stocking dealer for Peterson Brass. In our opinion Peterson Brass is the best brass on the market. We have our initial order in and available for order on our website. So far we are just ordering in the 50 round ammo boxes. We will see how well it goes and then next order may start bringing in the bulk boxes of the most popular sellers. We are running the brass at minimum advertised price, which will be as good as it gets anywhere. Let me know what other cartridges you would like to see and we will do our best to get them in stock.

Only makes sense to have premium brass available with premium bullets. Here is what we have on hand now. https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/peterson-brass/
300 Wby please sir

Peterson advertise their alloy composition as:

Copper 72.8000%
Zinc 27.1000%
Nickel 0.0210%
Lead 0.0081%
Iron 0.0075%
Bismuth 0.0040%
Antimony 0.0027%

Which aligns with 443:

Copper 70.0-73.0%
Tin 0.9-1.2%
Lead 0.07 max
Iron 0.06 max
Arsenic 0.02-0.06%
Zinc Remainder

My analysis revealed: (Average of Samples 280AI % rounded)

Copper 70.30%
Zinc 29.30%
Iron .09 %
Antimony .05%
Aluminum .03%

Which aligns more with 260:

Copper 68.5 - 71.5%
Lead .07% max
Iron .05% max
Zinc Remainder

Its the internet so take the info for what it is, or leave it.

Regardless, it's good brass

I compiled a list of brass that people have requested and sent it to Peterson. Some of it is brass that Peterson does not make. I called it the wish list. Here is the response that I got.

Wish list:

All the wsm's, particularly the 300wsm - this will be available later this year

6mm ARC - this will be exclusive through a Giessele for the first 3 years. They partnered in the projected and funded the caliber development.

7stw - I dont believe this will be made by us. likelihood is low.

6.5 SAUM - there is potential for this once we get the WSM fully developed. That being said, I dont see us doing it in the next few year.

22-250 - there is potential for this caliber. It would be limited but not in the next few years.

25-06 - there is potential for this caliber. It would be limited but not in the next few years.

223 -- I dont believe this will be made by us. likelihood is low.

30-378 -- I dont believe this will be made by us. likelihood is low.

220 swift -- I dont believe this will be made by us. likelihood is low.

6.8 Western - this has been discussed. we are waiting to see the industry show more support.

Love my peterson brass and agree with the wsm round especially the 325 wsm. Really great round for me packs plenty of power brass is either none existent or sky high. If they would come into the market with all the wsm I think they'd do well. As of now only new 325 is nosler at very high prices.