Peterson Brass

They are. But I don't understand why.
How are we comparing brass if not the base standards of it?
It doesn't seem like a real mystery why to me: if you perfected a perfect a winning product would you make all your research and development findings and all the information as to what made your final product work the way it does open public domain information for the next guy to skip all that pesky expensive time consuming R&D and just clone your product at a lower price?

Last edited:
I am happy to announce that Hammer Bullets is now a stocking dealer for Peterson Brass. In our opinion Peterson Brass is the best brass on the market. We have our initial order in and available for order on our website. So far we are just ordering in the 50 round ammo boxes. We will see how well it goes and then next order may start bringing in the bulk boxes of the most popular sellers. We are running the brass at minimum advertised price, which will be as good as it gets anywhere. Let me know what other cartridges you would like to see and we will do our best to get them in stock.

Only makes sense to have premium brass available with premium bullets. Here is what we have on hand now. https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/peterson-brass/
Thanks for stocking the best at a fair price! I wish I could commit to a large purchase (for me) to support your business decision. With the pinch of supply in the past, I have increased my personal inventory for at least a few barrels worth of shooting for each rifle. I would suggest limiting your inventory to the best of the best… for example, don't understand why anyone would buy large rifle primer brass when small rifle bass is available in the same cartridge? Wishing you great success and thanks for posting on this site!

We compare brass by shooting it, whatever shoots the best I use. I don't really care what it's made out of, that's their side of the business not my side.
I'd like to find out about it here, rather than hitting loose primer pockets, or case cracking, 7-8 reloads into a roll of the dice.
Cartridge brass should be close to standards tested by SAAMI/CIP. I'm sure Peterson is. But there is still the reloading to consider.

Brass manufacturer's weight, capacity, hardness, softness, web, primer pockets, length, headspace, ad nauseam is all over the place. Throw in belted cartridges. 🤮

If you reload long enough, you know which brass has what qualities. LRH search will give you one end of spectrum to another on opinions.

Quality brass manufacturers (et al) like Lapua, ADG, Norma, etc and now Peterson are recognized for their consistency and quality. Peterson stepped it up with Long versions.

I started using Peterson 300WM long when it first came out and it's been an eye opener for improvement on headspace for first firing. No more EXTREME brass killing stretch on first firing which obviously equates to more reloads on brass. Now use .270 Win, 30-06, .243 Win and 🙏 for 300WSM version!

Works fine for me.

Then again, they make .270 brass….
Shhhh! Quiet!

Brass manufacturer's weight, capacity, hardness, softness, web, primer pockets, length, headspace, ad nauseam is all over the place. Throw in belted cartridges. 🤮

If you reload long enough, you know which brass has what qualities. LRH search will give you one end of spectrum to another on opinions.

Quality brass manufacturers (et al) like Lapua, ADG, Norma, etc and now Peterson are recognized for their consistency and quality. Peterson stepped it up with Long versions.

I started using Peterson 300WM long when it first came out and it's been an eye opener for improvement on headspace for first firing. No more EXTREME brass killing stretch on first firing which obviously equates to more reloads on brass. Now use .270 Win, 30-06, .243 Win and 🙏 for 300WSM version!

Works fine for me.

Shhhh! Quiet!
Oh right! Sorry! 🤣

On a serious note I'm glad you included Norma in the premium list. To my mind it's not in the same league as Lapua and Peterson for toughness, not even close: heck older Winchester brass is notably tougher in the primer pockets than Norma. But what it is is CONSISTENT. And roomy. To this day no manufacturer has outdone Norma brass in my experience as far as piece to piece weight and volume consistency.

I'll still much prefer Peterson, Lapua, and ADG but nowadays I hear people bash Norma brass for being soft as if that's all there is to know about it. It's nothing to sneeze at!

They are. But I don't understand why.
How are we comparing brass if not the base standards of it?
The one thing that I am not willing to give out on our bullets is the exact alloy. I can only assume that finding the alloy that did what they want was not easy and a big part of what sets them apart from others brass manufactures.

Any plans on picking up the 300wby and 300PRC cases that they produce already?
Next order we will obviously be limited to what they have available. Also there is a min order qty that makes it so we can't just order brass every time another cartridge comes available. We will see how fast we sell brass. It would be cool if we could meet the minimum order with a single cartridge whenever they make a run.