Perigrine Bullets Sent me samples to test

WildRose

Nothing special here but Peregrine after some discussions with me decided to send me some bullets for myself and anyone else who is truly interested in them and does enough reloading to produce good loads and data honestly.

I told them I could probably find a total of at least four of us including myself and Mario.

We have two boxes of the VRG4 264 125g.

One box of their new somewhat experimental 190gr Plainsmaster LR in .30cal. This bullet is specifically designed to give great expansion all the way out beyond 600m

Last I have one box of their Plainsmaster 7mm which is designed to be accurate and open as expected at or beyond 600m.

If any of you are willing to give them a fair chance, shoot them and give your honest impresssion of them i can probably wrangle you somemore in the future.

They want serious hunters to shoot them and tell their stories honestly and feel assured that doing so will give them a leg up in this market.

They are very good guys to deal with in S. Africa and I have no doubt the same will prove to be true here.

Those that are interested let me know and get me your contact information. If nothing else you can use the email from my website which is wildrosegermansorthairs.com

You canfind my phone number there as well at the bottom of each page.

Hey buddy I'm game for the 7mm in my Stw and 280ai
I have the 3 6.5s I can get a few pigs and maybe a nilgai with it so let me know. My nilgai hunt is dec 11 so send them before to long so I can get a. Load.

It would be interesting to see them put on actual North American big game which more of us would find useful if they want to get into this market, most guys I know could careless what they do on exotics or pigs!!

It would be interesting to see them put on actual North American big game which more of us would find useful if they want to get into this market, most guys I know could careless what they do on exotics or pigs!!
I suspect you don't know many guys who have shot big hogs.

If the bullets perform well on big hogs they'll perform well on any North American game.

I suspect you don't know many guys who have shot big hogs.

If the bullets perform well on big hogs they'll perform well on any North American game.

I think I would go one step further!!! If they work on African big game.
Like oryx or eland then I think it will take care of ANY. American big game. I will be happy to try it on a nilgai. I **** one with a 338 300 gr Berger so I can compare the tissue damage without a problem.

I think I would go one step further!!! If they work on African big game.
Like oryx or eland then I think it will take care of ANY. American big game. I will be happy to try it on a nilgai. I **** one with a 338 300 gr Berger so I can compare the tissue damage without a problem.
Well you know I'll be happy to let you give it a try. I've had you covered since I got the first two boxes of 7mm and .30 cal's in.gun)

Wild Rose

Just checking in. I see you talking about these on a few threads. Specifically wondering about 260 results and 7mm STW results. Thanks

Wild Rose

Just checking in. I see you talking about these on a few threads. Specifically wondering about 260 results and 7mm STW results. Thanks
Extremely pleased with them at this point.

I caught another large boar tearing up my neighbors hay bales while checking their calving pasture for coyotes. Put a shot through both shoulders and the spine for a DRT hit shooting the new 183gr VLR. Impact speed was right around 3,200fps and still ended up with about a one or two finger exit wound. I shot him after dark so I couldn't get good pictures but I'll take some after sunup.

In the .260 and 7mm STW the wife and I put 9 deer and 3 other pigs in the freezer with shots ranging from just under 300 yards to over 700yds. Most were spine shots but the last doe I shot I shot a little far back punching through the ribs only and still got the same 1-2 finger exit with her dropping in her tracks.

Even the coyotes I've shot ended up roughly the same way whether hit in the head, shoulders, or just through the ribs.

To be honest it doesn't make sense to me that the bullet is acting the same with the great variances in impact velocities but the pictures tell the story.

Dover, here's a bit more detail.

He was shot with the .300 Rum, bullet was the 183gr VLR and he was killed at about 40 yards.

First picture here should be the back side of the entry wound, second is the exit. Live weight he was around 350lbs and a pretty old boar as his sheilds were about 1.5" at the thickest point over each shoulder. I'm still having a hard time believing the bullet did not flat explode. Instead of exploding it simply expanded normally. I found three very small fragments totaling maybe 3-5 grains so weight retention was over 98%.

The VLR is their newest production bullet. They .30 caliber has been fully tested and ready for sale to the general public. The only real difference between these and the VRG4 is a longer and sleeker profile and increased BC.

They are working on VLR's for the 6.5 and 7mm but they have not yet been fully tested. With a little luck I'll have some in 7mm to try in the 7mm STW in the next week or so.

I'm working up loads for the STW right now with the 162 ELD-X so I'll be comparing the two bullets side by side in at least two different rifles of the same caliber.

I am more than a little excited about the prospects of getting my hands on some of the 6.5's soon to run through the .260's and maybe the .264 as well.

-fME_0VnlV4zYya77CTeKc8O9V-iL1Nz83Ybo2kcJ3M

YKEafUC_DwrX8--ntjuSYtsupq2VGeU6geUwRvaNqTQ
Even with this kind of impact velocity and the bullet passing through both shields, shoulders, and the spine less than a pound of meat was wasted and it hit him so hard it spun him a 180 and he was stone cold dead before he hit the ground.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping myself around the idea that these bullets are giving me the same kind of expansion from 3,200fps all the way down to around 1,200fps.

The longest shot on game with them so far is I think 742yards on a doe I intentionally shot just through the ribs and lungs and even there we got the same 1-2 finger diameter wounds on both sides of the rib cage with absolutely no wasted meat and minimal damage even to the hide.

I may sound a bit obsessed with minimal waste but I grew up in a family where you absolutely never wasted any food if there was any possible way to avoid it. I readily admit that between that and my feeling like I have a sincere obligation to ensure that every game animal I shoot is killed quickly, cleanly, and humanely I'm more than a little bit obsessive when it comes to the terminal performance characteristics of the bullets I use.

I still have yet to recover one of these in an animal but sooner or later I'm bound to.

Not sure when I will get my 260 from Kirby but I could load some 6.5 in my 6.5x284.
Love your excitement buddy. It is good to see

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.