sent off barreled action today

splattermatic

(finaly)
i hate when work gets in the way of doing enjoyment things in life.

well anyways, my remington 700 l/a in 30/06 just went north to benchmark barrels for a blueprinting and rebarrel.
it will wear a benchmark 3 groove 1/9 twist lilja number 4 fluted contour stainless steel 7mm barrel.
i am having it chambered in .280 ackley improved. i also sent along a dummy round loaded with a barnes 140 gr. tipped tsx pushed into the casing so the base of the bullet is just at the bottom of the neck. at this oal length it fits nicely in the magazine with room.
i am having it throated so there is about .030 of freebore. i have found that regular tsx's shoot great anywhere from .020 to .040, so this should give me a bit of room to adjust for accuracy. i also included a bullet, and 3 casing for the throating job.
i think this bullet should be a great all around bullet for just about any "deer" species i point it at.

so, now the waiting begins.......

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.