Which action to build off

Yep Pierce Ti and 6mm Creedmoor. The owner is shooting 115 HVLDs at 3040 fps with RL16. Pretty fast for a 21" barrel. Its a Lilja 3 groove 7tw. I am finding the Liljas and pretty fast barrels. At least the 3 grooves in 6mm and 30 cal are. I wouldnt build one this light with a caliber much bigger than that.

Yep Pierce Ti and 6mm Creedmoor. The owner is shooting 115 HVLDs at 3040 fps with RL16. Pretty fast for a 21" barrel. Its a Lilja 3 groove 7tw. I am finding the Liljas and pretty fast barrels. At least the 3 grooves in 6mm and 30 cal are. I wouldnt build one this light with a caliber much bigger than that.
Alex, have you found a 3 groove barrels in high velocity chamber/heavy bullet chambers to damage jackets?

Yes that's a short action. The same configuration is available in a long action I believe but would only be a tad bit heavier. I know for sure we make long action titanium actions with steel bolts, they are around 19oz if I'm remembering correctly. I haven't made a long action titanium with a titanium bolt yet, so I would have to check with the guys and see if that's something we indeed make. All of the titanium actions with titanium bolts I've made and handled have been short actions.
How is it for with the Ti body and TI bolt . Is it smooth when you run the bolt?I heard TI on TI makes it kinda gummy is that true?

How is it for with the Ti body and TI bolt . Is it smooth when you run the bolt?I heard TI on TI makes it kinda gummy is that true?
Yes it's smooth. And yes Ti on Ti can be gummy. The coatings on the bolt and action make it run smooth and the anti bind rail helps with stickiness.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.