OT-- your favorite dog name

For a pug….how about Grendel? Probably will not be wife approved though. But it would be sweet for an abbreviated dog like a pug.

Just don't name it Creedmoor…ha!

Last edited:
Almost 20 years since the original.post, and 11 years since the last post, but dogs are always a good subject...

My dogs all get shooting names.

Black lab/pointer mix was Remmy
GSP was Winchester
GSP Quigley
GSP/Walker mix Wesson
GSP/Walker mix Ruger

Still have Kimber, Glock, Weatherby, Savage, Mauser, Browning, Franchi, Sako, Tikka, Hathcock, Etc. in reserve for future dogs.

Last edited:
Humper.......had a cur dog as a teenager. Named him Humper. Momma always asked why we named him that. We never said much. Until one day she was on the front porch sweeping and bent over to pick something up.......well Humper mounted up. I told her that's why we named him Humper. That was after she beat the hell out of him with that broom. Lol. Never will forget that name.

I have always liked "Buck" since I was a kid…..Call Of the Wild…
Finally gave the name to my current Brittany.
8C4BFF5B-9776-4695-A2C2-75EE906DB075.jpeg

One time using "search" I added to a ancient long dead post and it wasn't appreciated..since then I learned to look at when it was first posted he-he.
My current hunting dog's name is Rhyka. She's a GWP. I wanted a name nobody had. This name is the sound...in my head...a dog makes when it low growls then angry bites...I know its pretty cool right? Only she never lives up to her name, she's a big baby. Plus I had to name her with a R since she was a "R"litter.-WW

Im soon going to have a new addition to the family--a male pug--I have my rotty and she'll have the pug

What is your favorite name for a dog--i pitched jaeger and colt but they did not fly--any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason
My
A5114E0D-F32C-4C84-A35D-742599CD99F8.jpeg
current male great Dane was named by my wife but I immediately liked it his name is BULLET

A friend of mine had a dog named "Dammit". "Come here, Dammit!", "Sit, dammit", always made me chuckle......Jim R
Growing up I had a friend with a white shepherd named dammit, I knew someone else who named their dog guess. someone would ask what is his name they would say guess and they would try again and they would say no his name is guess

Almost 20 years since the original.post, and 11 years since the last post, but dogs are always a good subject...

My dogs all get shooting names.

Black lab/pointer mix was Remmy
GSP was Winchester
GSP Quigley
GSP/Walker mix Wesson
GSP/Walker mix Ruger

Still have Kimber, Glock, Weatherby, Savage, Mauser, Browning, Franchi, Sako, Tikka, Hathcock, Etc. in reserve for future dogs.
Surprisingly, I was that last poster. My KBD Thor will be turning 13 YO in Oct. I have always had a soft spot for bird dogs. When I was stationed at DMAFB, I got my choices down to 3 breeds, GSP, Vizsla, and Weimaraner, in that order.