One thing the LabRadar does that Garmin doesn't...

Looks fricking huge with a tiny screen and straight from China with likely no product support. Hard pass.
Garmin Xero (C1 Pro Chrono - $600) is made in Taiwan

Caldwell Velociradar (chirp radar technology - $550) is made in China

LabRadar LX (Doppler radar - $600) is made in Canada

Choices, choices, choices …

Last edited:
As far as I know you can not use a chrono during an f class competition
It's up to the MD. They're not explicitly covered in the rules, so it's up to the MD's discretion as to whether or not they're a shooting aid or violate the spirit of the game. I could see it going either way.

"unfounded"? LOL, respectfully, to use unfounded in this context is a pretty big stretch.

Caldwell is an imported Chinese line of inexpensive products introduced and promoted by MidwayUSA and have always been cheaply made and lower quality, usually direct copies of American designed and made goods.

Perhaps our definitions of "competition" vary, but while they are a "choice", they really do not seem like legit competition.

In my own experience with several Caldwell products (their bipod copies of Harris, their pedestal rests, their torque wrenches and other "gunsmithing" tools) brought in by students, my opinion is that they are sub-standard. The "Harbor Freight" of the gun world.

I would not buy or own a Caldwell product based on experience alone, not even considering the way I feel about ripping off original designs and having them cheaply copied offshore.

I wish you luck with your Caldwell chronograph.
Lots of folks run chineseum scopes and don't bat an eye.