Remington Safety Shroud / Exchange Firingpin. (not that key thing)

Pete Lincoln

Guys i came across a handy exchange firing pin assembly for a Remington 700 (and Mauser 98) at the IWA.
It allows you to carry a loaded rifle in complete safety and to use an after market trigger that has no provision for a safety catch.
You cock the rifle by pushing the rear of the cocking piece forward which puts the firing pin under spring tension. If you pull the trigger the weapon will fire and you can cycle the action and reload and the rifle will be ready/cocked as normal. If you don't fire then you take up the pressure by pushing the cocking piece slightly forward and depress the decocking piece and ease springs. There are 2 versions, one allows you to lock the bolt closed,the other doesn't. It comes as a complete replacement firing pin assembly.
a_z494.gif

Ok. Looks good where can we get it? Is there a website associated with this item?
Thanks
Dave

works exactly the same for such things as original.
These push to cock rifles are very popular over here and with a little adjustment to user drills the things are darn quick to operate and lets you carry a loaded rifle in absolute safety. Pete

3sixbits.. you just have to say,, Hey Pete, order me one buddy..
then send me some cash and i'll send you the gadget. simple as that.
Pete

No Free meals these days buddy,.. but add up what a Win 70 type safety conversion for a Rem 700 costs, add a speed lock firing pin in to the deal, and you areapproaching the same with none of the features.. Pete

Yes Brent, you could put it like that. untill you push the rear end in to "cock" the assembly, there is no forward spring tension on the firing pin. Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.