Labradar LX - I guess they have an answer for the Garmin Zero. Maybe?

Opinions.☝️

Now back to the OP. I think it will be an answer to Garmin. I may pick up a Garmin or a new LR after the next new thing comes out and everyone is dumping them like now😁😁😁
Nobody will be dumping their garmin for 300 when the new LR comes out. The reason being that the new LR and the new garmin will be very similar.

The difference, which you can't seem to comprehend, is that the original LR and garmin are very different. They do the same thing, both give velocities, but that's the only thing that's similar, kind of like a horse drawn carriage and a car are both means of transport.

Go buy a new original LR and let me know how it works…

Oh wait, it doesn't. It needs a tripod and an adaptor plate. Ok, now how does it work, oh wait it doesn't. It needs a trigger. Ok, now how does it work… oh wait, it doesn't, it needs a stupid plastic sight to line up the precise direction it's pointed. Ok now how does it work, oh it doesn't, you need to fiddle with the location in relation to the muzzle.

Been there, done that. It's a pain in the ***.

It's totally fine if you wanna spend that kinda money on a Garmin product. I get it. No need to defend. But like I said "after the next new thing comes out" which will happen. And you'll buy it. Then you'll be trying to sell me your garmin for $100 hehehe

It's totally fine if you wanna spend that kinda money on a Garmin product. I get it. No need to defend. But like I said "after the next new thing comes out" which will happen. And you'll buy it. Then you'll be trying to sell me your garmin for $100 hehehe
I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how stupid it is. 😂

Nobody will be dumping their garmin for 300 when the new LR comes out. The reason being that the new LR and the new garmin will be very similar.

The difference, which you can't seem to comprehend, is that the original LR and garmin are very different. They do the same thing, both give velocities, but that's the only thing that's similar, kind of like a horse drawn carriage and a car are both means of transport.

Oh wait, it doesn't. It needs a tripod and an adaptor plate. Ok, now how does it work, oh wait it doesn't. It needs a trigger. Ok, now how does it work… oh wait, it doesn't, it needs a stupid plastic sight to line up the precise direction it's pointed. Ok now how does it work, oh it doesn't, you need to fiddle with the location in relation to the muzzle.

Been there, done that. It's a pain in the ***.
This also helps prove my point. I don't have that kind of problems with the chrono I prefer to use. It does work haha. I go through half the hassle you might have and in the end it gives the same EXACT reading 😆😆😆, which I didn't spend all the money or time on!!! Those are also facts @quigley257

☝️

You slobberd a bib full rite there

☝️

You slobberd a bib full rite there
Stolen line right there! 🤣
wrestlemania xv wrestling GIF by WWE

It seems like some of these gentlemen are missing the point here. My point was im laughing at how many of you are quick to dump your LR after garmin dropped. And that I think it's comical how there are a number of us who never bit on the LR in the first place. Most of the guys who dumped their LR for the garmin are the same "snobs" I'd say who were bashing on guys who didn't have them before. Now you have not one good thing to say about them. When 3 years ago you probly turned your nose up at anyone not using one. We never bought an old LR at outrageous prices. YOU did, the joke is on YOU haha. No one is buying a "new old LR" now, we are laughing at YOU because YOU bought one years ago. And YOU bought all the ridiculous accessories to make it work, and YOU wasted all that time trying to set it up. 🤣 🤣🤣
I'm not saying anyone in general but you know who you are....

Last edited:
It seems like some of these gentlemen are missing the point here. My point was im laughing at how many of you are quick to dump your LR after garmin dropped. And that I think it's comical how there are a number of us who never bit on the LR in the first place. Most of the guys who dumped their LR for the garmin are the same "snobs" I'd say who were bashing on guys who didn't have them before. Now you have not one good thing to say about them. When 3 years ago you probly turned your nose up at anyone not using one. We never bought an old LR at outrageous prices. YOU did, the joke is on YOU haha. No one is buying a "new old LR" now, we are laughing at YOU because YOU bought one years ago. And YOU bought all the ridiculous accessories to make it work, and YOU wasted all that time trying to set it up. 🤣 🤣🤣
I'm not saying anyone in general but you know who you are....
I still have my LabRadar. Also have two Chrony's and a Magneto. I still use the LabRadar - works well. I don't have a separate tripod; I use the original metal plate with two strips of cloth underneath so it doesn't rock on screw underneath. I didn't buy a trigger; don't seem to need one. The battery pack cable is my biggest beef...wait...no, the summary of data and seeing previous shots is a pain. But comparted to a Chrony, where you HAVE to set up on a tripod and the small spacing means it must be opened all the way or you get faster than actual velocities, it is great. Magneto? Forget it. Clamping that thing on your rifle is a pain and it has to change barrel harmonics.

I bought a Garmin to take with me to the desert when I shoot LR; went this morning, but forgot to pack the Garmin. Bummer.

Southpa: glad you feel like you didn't waste your money. We all do the best we can - I am just glad I don't have to sell partial boxes of bullets to pay for my Garmin. Or my SIG Kilo10. Or sell a rifle to fund my next build. You know what? If something better than the Garmin comes out, I will probably buy it. Just look at laser rangefinders - if you don't have one wtih AB software, you are behind the power curve.

Last edited:
I understand what you were saying, but I'd rather not wait another 6-10 years for that newer next best thing. Additionally, if you take what a new Garmin costs and spread it out over the years that you have to wait For the next best thing , you will not miss that money you won't even realize you spent it it's like probably less than .1% of your income over the five or six years.
This isnt an area that has exponential next best things. Look how long it took for bullets to actually get to the point that they are but yet they still haven't really changed how they make a bullet ,.. same goes for barrels, for actions, for reloading components Etc…

I still have my LabRadar. Also have two Chrony's and a Magneto. I still use the LabRadar - works well. I don't have a separate tripod; I use the original metal plate with two strips of cloth underneath so it doesn't rock on screw underneath. I didn't buy a trigger; don't seem to need one. The battery pack cable is my biggest beef...wait...no

I bought a Garmin to take with me to the desert when I shoot LR; went this morning, but forgot to pack the Garmin. Bummer.

Southpa: glad you feel like you didn't waste your money. We all do the best we can - I am just glad I don't have to sell partial boxes of bullets to pay for my Garmin. Or my SIG Kilo10. Or sell a rifle to fund my next build.
SIG optics....😆😆😆😆😆 it is true, we all do the best we can....don't be sorry man. I'm sorry you had to waste all those years dealing with that old LR. I don't know how a couple of you got so upset over this. I'm glad you got your garmins and that you can finally admit the LR probly wasn't worth it. I'm sure it gave you many years of headaches but ultimately got you by. I said no to Pfizer just like LR. For reference, this is the part where I say "I told you so..."

Recent Posts