Do I really need a Labradar?

I would imagine you don't NEED any chrono, at least I could apply that thought to myself. I have the Caldwell G2 and have been happy with its improvements over the older style Caldwell. Direct sunlight no longer is a source of constant frustration for me when trying to chrono loads. That being said, I find myself frequently checking out the Labradar and know that I will eventually break down and buy one.

I want to like the magnetospeed, but just can't get over having to attach something to my barrel when I'm working so hard to maximize shot consistency/groupings.

I used a Chrony F1 for many years before upgrading to a Magnetospeed. Worked great...but hated the hassle of switching it from rifle to rifle. Being barrel-mounted certainly affects barrel harmonics and accuracy, so I added a Wiser mount. The Wiser worked well, but only on rifles with a pic rail to mount it to. Got a good sale price a couple years ago on a Labradar, made the switch, and never looked back...love it. Added a JKL trigger and it's extremly reliable and rarely misses shots.

I've never regretted buy my labradar. I had a magneeto speed, but didn't like only getting velocity every once in a while. I set the labradar up in seconds and then can record my velocities throughout the whole shooting session. And I can zero rifle and check drops, all while recording velocities and getting a wider data set for velocity ES and SD. Can't do that with a magneeto strapped to the barrel.

I used a Chrony F1 for many years before upgrading to a Magnetospeed. Worked great...but hated the hassle of switching it from rifle to rifle. Being barrel-mounted certainly affects barrel harmonics and accuracy, so I added a Wiser mount. The Wiser worked well, but only on rifles with a pic rail to mount it to. Got a good sale price a couple years ago on a Labradar, made the switch, and never looked back...love it. Added a JKL trigger and it's extremly reliable and rarely misses shots.
I made it a need for me for these exact reasons. I still have my F1 as a backup. I can shoot multiple rifles with one set-up.

I am asking myself the exact same question lol. I am currently using a cheap Caldwell Chrono (set-up like the F1) and really do not know how accurate this thing is, especially in the sun.

I made it a need for me for these exact reasons. I still have my F1 as a backup. I can shoot multiple rifles with one set-up.
Have you compared the Labradar to your F1?