One Hunting Bullet Manufacturer

79m1a-texas

I'm looking to switching all my hunting rifles over to 1 bullet bullet manufacturer for ease of looking for components. The rifles are:
6.5x284 with 8.5 twist
.308 with 1:12 twist
300WM with 1:10 twist
338LM with 1:9.3 twist
On the most recent hunts, I have used Hammer Hunter Bullets and Barnes TTSX bullets with great success. Seems like on the web, people just complain about everything. Is there any GREAT manufacturer with GREAT hunting bullets?

I'm looking to switching all my hunting rifles over to 1 bullet bullet manufacturer for ease of looking for components. The rifles are:
6.5x284 with 8.5 twist
On the most recent hunts, I have used Hammer Hunter Bullets and Barnes TTSX bullets with great success. Seems like on the web, people just complain about everything. Is there any GREAT manufacturer with GREAT hunting bullets?
Looks like you have narrowed it down to monos.

I would not say I have narrowed it down to monos only. Took a Bull Elk at 550 yards with a HH right behind the shoulder that passed thru completely, walked 5 yards and dropped. Also used a TSX on a Nilgai at 564yards neck shot , straight down. The guide recommended the TSX. I'm to the point in life, that I just want 1 manufacturer in reloading

I would not say I have narrowed it down to monos only. Took a Bull Elk at 550 yards with a HH right behind the shoulder that passed thru completely, walked 5 yards and dropped. Also used a TSX on a Nilgai at 564yards neck shot , straight down. The guide recommended the TSX. I'm to the point in life, that I just want 1 manufacturer in reloading
Good to know! I have quite a few bullets (monos and cup and core) from various manufacturers but Berger remains my go-to bullet. I understand it is not for everybody but it is my personal preference.

Last edited:
6.5x284 with 8.5 twist
We're very fortunate to have MANY manufacturers here in the states that make great hunting, match, and other types of bullets/ components. I don't think nailing it down to one manufacturer for all of your rifles will work well. The reason being is they may have different jobs. Also barrels they all have different preferences. I'd just choose the bullet that shoots well and fits YOUR parameters/ needs.

We're very fortunate to have MANY manufacturers here in the states that make great hunting, match, and other types of bullets/ components. I don't think nailing it down to one manufacturer for all of your rifles will work well. The reason being is they may have different jobs. Also barrels they all have different preferences. I'd just choose the bullet that shoots well and fits YOUR parameters/ needs.
This!

I have often thought it would be nice to standardize on components too. There are just so many good options I have used I can't leave some of them out. Bergers, Partitions, Gamekings, Sciroccos, Hammers, Accubonds, B-tips, V-max, and A-max all have a spot I wouldn't want to fill with a different bullet.