Brass Differences same manufacturer?

mountaincarver

Ive been loading for my new 280ai using nosler brass. I bought a pack of 50 and reloaded them about 8 times or so. I had also bought a factory box of nosler ammo when I purchased the gun to run a few rounds down and have fired brass available when I needed it. the other day I decided to start using the brass from the factory box of ammo. I noticed it was significantly softer and accuracy has dropped off a little. I thought maybe the 8 time fired brass was just hardened a bit from use but determined that even the new stuff was harder than the factory ammo brass. anyway, im wondering if nosler reloading brass is different than nosler factory ammo brass. anyone know?

I do not have a definitive answer to whether or not Nosler uses the exact same brass in their ammunition line as their retail brass but I can tell you that yes. Lot to lot variation, even between the same manufacturer, can differ enough to effect your loads. It is best practice for accuracy to keep lots, loads, and firings together. Otherwise you can experience what I believe You are experiencing. Goodluck

Joe S

I do not have a definitive answer to whether or not Nosler uses the exact same brass in their ammunition line as their retail brass but I can tell you that yes. Lot to lot variation, even between the same manufacturer, can differ enough to effect your loads. It is best practice for accuracy to keep lots, loads, and firings together. Otherwise you can experience what I believe You are experiencing. Goodluck

Joe S

Joe S

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts