Official Hammer bullets Terminal Performance (picture heavy)

Ankole-Watusi (African Longhorn) 900lbs
308 WIN, 137gr Hammer Hunter @3000fps MV. Impact velocity 2700fps
Entry & exit look identical. Shank pass through. Found petals in opposite hide.
DRT High back hit 4" from spine.
IMG_9571.jpeg

IMG_9575.jpeg

IMG_9580.jpeg

My 10 year old harvested his first deer this past weekend using the 125gr Shock Hammer in a 350 Legend. Shot was 60 yards and i don't remember the muzzle velocity as I worked up this load a couple years ago, but i want to say it was 2,550ish ... would have to go back through my logs to be sure, but it was absolutely devastating on the doe. Passed through without hitting ribs on either side, completely destroyed the top half of the heart and there was no recognizable lung material anywhere, both lungs were liquid mush. In all my excitement i didn't think to examine the entry and exit wounds from within the cavity, but both were pretty small from the outside. The other deer i took with this load had a massive exit would from hitting an offside rib but same results on the vitals.

When it hit the doe I thought he hit forward and took out both front shoulders because the front half of the doe hit the dirt instantly and her hind legs pushed her across the ground about 10 yards before she rolled over and quickly expired. Perfect shot and couldn't be more proud of him!!

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    790.6 KB · Views: 44
My 10 year old harvested his first deer this past weekend using the 125gr Shock Hammer in a 350 Legend. Shot was 60 yards and i don't remember the muzzle velocity as I worked up this load a couple years ago, but i want to say it was 2,550ish ... would have to go back through my logs to be sure, but it was absolutely devastating on the doe. Passed through without hitting ribs on either side, completely destroyed the top half of the heart and there was no recognizable lung material anywhere, both lungs were liquid mush. In all my excitement i didn't think to examine the entry and exit wounds from within the cavity, but both were pretty small from the outside. The other deer i took with this load had a massive exit would from hitting an offside rib but same results on the vitals.

When it hit the doe I thought he hit forward and took out both front shoulders because the front half of the doe hit the dirt instantly and her hind legs pushed her across the ground about 10 yards before she rolled over and quickly expired. Perfect shot and couldn't be more proud of him!!

Nice job, young hunter

Well done young man!

Was able to take a doe antelope with my 6 ARC bolt gun. 150 yards with a 88gr Hammer Hunter going 2750 at the muzzle and about 2560 on impact. After hit she ran about 80 yards before expiring. Bullet exited leaving about a golf ball sized exit wound. Internally there was about 2-3 inch wound channel thru the lungs. Not as much internal or meat damage as previous kills using a 6 Creedmoor and ELDX/Berger but not an apples to apples comparison. Overall happy with the performance of both the rifle and bullet.

20231007_191339.jpg

300 PRC shooting the 214 Hammer Hunter at 2868 fps. Uphill shot at 390 yards, high shoulder impact at estimated velocity of 2400 fps. Bang flop, dead right there.

View attachment 508000View attachment 507999View attachment 507993View attachment 507991View attachment 507992View attachment 507994View attachment 507996View attachment 507995View attachment 507997View attachment 507998
Stud deer, congrats! Mind sharing your load data? What's the twist and barrel length?

Stud deer, congrats! Mind sharing your load data? What's the twist and barrel length?
300 PRC
214 HH
ADG Brass on 3rd firing .0025 neck tension, crimped
3.750 COAL (just fits in Hawkins Precision hunter magazine) 3.779 to lands, jumping 0.029
Fed GM215M Primer
H1000
Bartlein 26" 8 twist
Stability factor 1.74

75.0 - 2840 fps
76.0 - 2892 fps faint ejector
77.0 - 2921 fps
78.0 - 2959 fps ejector, stop

Loaded 3 with 75.0, shot a 1.09" group at 200 yards. Loaded another 3 to validate this was repeatable, next group was 0.661" at 200 yards.

70EB510F-E487-4775-A8AD-05C43022704E.jpeg

Also tried N570

79.0 - 2951 fps
80.0 - 3038 fps Ejector Stop.
These 2 rounds were 3 inches apart at 200 yards.

Results were so good with H1000 I did not go any further with N570

JTH,

Where was he taken? Great deer, nice rifle.
Thanks. He was taken in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Rifle was built by Bugholes (Southern Precision Rifles), It's a Terminus Zeus with quick change barrel option, Bartlein 3B fluted, Fat Bastard brake, McMillan Game Warden LR stock, Hawkins Hunter bottom metal and Trigger Tech Diamond trigger.

First kill with the HHT bullet. Shooting a Howa Super Lite 6.5 CM 20" barrel shooting the 118 HHT @ 2795 fps. Shot a whitetail buck at 175 yards thru the shoulder on a slight quartering away shot. Impact velocity would have been about 2570 fps. Bullet zipped thru and left a small exit wound (see photo). Did not see any sign of trauma from shed petals in the chest cavity. Internal damage thru the lungs was not very impressive. This may be a better bullet for a 6.5 PRC or other set up pushing > 3000fps or perhaps in larger calibers. I think I'll be looking at a different bullet for this rifle.

20231117_124707.jpg