Odd results with case lube

So IMO, bump consistency is best with annealing, CLEAN brass, CLEAN die, consistent body lube and neck lube that results in similar pressure during sizing. I clean my dies every 100 loads. Takes couple seconds. You get a feel of the pressure when you raise the ram during sizing. If it doesn't feel right, bet the bump is off.

I have used STP for gazillion years. I even lube neck with Q tip. Acetone is terrific for removing neck lube by just dipping case into glass vial with acetone. Never stuck case. Bumps very consistent.

I never had a stuck case when I used Lee lube, even when it was mixed with alcohol and applied very thin. I left it to try Royal case and die lube from the makers of wipe out bore cleaner. Fell in love with this stuff. No wrinkled shoulders, consistent bump, amazing lubricant, and wipes off cleanly and easily. I still on the original small spray bottle I bought 2 yrs ago. It goes a looooong way. Never even close to a stuck case. I also use the paste form when I only have a few cases to size. I still use Lee inside case necks. Have a lifetime supply of both

I never had a stuck case when I used Lee lube, even when it was mixed with alcohol and applied very thin. I left it to try Royal case and die lube from the makers of wipe out bore cleaner. Fell in love with this stuff. No wrinkled shoulders, consistent bump, amazing lubricant, and wipes off cleanly and easily. I still on the original small spray bottle I bought 2 yrs ago. It goes a looooong way. Never even close to a stuck case. I also use the paste form when I only have a few cases to size. I still use Lee inside case necks. Have a lifetime supply of both
I actually ordered some of the Royal wax to try last night along with some Imperial dry graphite and the application media for case necks. I'll continue using Lee lube as well. The Royal wax had some very good reviews.

Every now and then my buddy would get one of his big Weatherby cases stuck in the die. He'd send the die to the manufacturer and they would remove it for free. On the last trip, the manufacturer called him and asked what lube he was using. "One Shot", he told them. He was told, "toss that stuff out and use Imperial Wax and you'll never have another stuck case". He followed their advice, and it worked out well.

He still uses One Shot on the small cases like .223 but not on any of the big stuff.

Every now and then my buddy would get one of his big Weatherby cases stuck in the die. He'd send the die to the manufacturer and they would remove it for free. On the last trip, the manufacturer called him and asked what lube he was using. "One Shot", he told them. He was told, "toss that stuff out and use Imperial Wax and you'll never have another stuck case". He followed their advice, and it worked out well.

He still uses One Shot on the small cases like .223 but not on any of the big stuff.
One Shot works well if you apply it right but it gets messy and stinks up the reloading room.

So IMO, bump consistency is best with annealing, CLEAN brass, CLEAN die, consistent body lube and neck lube that results in similar pressure during sizing. I clean my dies every 100 loads. Takes couple seconds. You get a feel of the pressure when you raise the ram during sizing. If it doesn't feel right, bet the bump is off.

I have used STP for gazillion years. I even lube neck with Q tip. Acetone is terrific for removing neck lube by just dipping case into glass vial with acetone. Never stuck case. Bumps very consistent.
STP is what I use as well but as I said earlier The LEE lube is the best inside case neck lube IMO but I have never used STP for case necks for the fear of getting it out but I'ma gonna give it a go now, Thanks Muddy

I use one shot and have no problem getting consistent shoulder bump as measured with Hornady gauge.

I have found a good use for One Shot and it is not as a case lub. Spray it on a neck brush and it is great for a inside the neck lube. It will not harm powder or primers as stated on the can. Lube your cases with Unique case lube. You will thank me latter.