Case lube

For years now I have been using a home made case lube that is a copy of the brand that Begins with the letter" D" and ends with the letter" N".
I have never had any shoulders that have collapsed, or brass hulls that have been stuck in either my Fl resizing or shoulder bumping dies.
Additionally it is environmentally friendly and is actually a nourishment for your hands.
Got Your Attention ?
This is not my formula but was obtained from a thread on a Web Page years ago , and is extremely easy to produce.
You will require 3 items.
1) 1 each 16 oz Heavy duty Spray Bottle Price $ 2.99 sold at Hardware Stores
2) 1 each 4 oz. bottle of Liquid Lanolin Price $ 7.99 sold at Health Food Stores
3) 1 each 12 oz .bottle of ISO HEET( Red Bottle) Price $ 7.99 sold at Automotive Stores
Ready to mix the amounts?
Pour 12 ounces of Liquid ISO HEET into your spray bottle
Place your bottle of liquid Lanolin into a glass of hot water and let it stay there until the lanolin starts to flow smoothly. (lets say about 5 minutes)
While your lanolin is warming up take a measuring cup and pour 2 ounces of water into a plastic cup marking a line where the fluid evens out on the cup.
Discard the water and when the lanolin is pliable measure out 2 ounces and pour it into the spray bottle.
Cap the rest of the lanolin and save for further use.
Place spray end cap on bottle and shake for about 1 minute.
Let elements settle together for a 1/2 hour at room temperature and your ready to use.
Just a little spray onto your brass hulls ,while rolling them around in a small plastic container. I try not to allow to much lubricant to reach the cases shoulders and if you gently shake them after lubing this will not happen.
Recap
12 oz. of ISO HEET RED BOTTLE
2 oz. of Liquid Lanolin added to the ISO Heet

Again I repeat this will not only lube your brass cases but is actually good for your hands .
Give it a try ,as it really works!
(Apparently I have already posted this recipe once before under a different name )
I found that if I line the pan I use with blue shop towels and then lightly spray and roll the cases back and forth, it spreads evenly with no mess and nice light coating. Since the brass has already been cleaned before lubing, after resizing, I clean it in an ultrasonic cleaner with drop of Dawn and LemiShine. .

Last edited:
Anyone else use a product called 'BoeLube'? I use it for case sizing, tapping and drilling. I find it a works extremely well.
The product does not contain any petroleum.
1664760971101.jpeg

I changed over to 99% isopropyl alcohol mixed with liquid lanolin. Works better than anything I've used
I tried the lanolin and alcohol mix also. I went by what everybody on the net was mixing. It was the only time in a decade of reloading (at the time) that I had problems with stuck cases. I went back to Imperial Wax.
To this day I don't understand why my results were so bad when people sing praises for the lanolin and alcohol mix.

I switched to lanolin and alcohol and have had zero issues with loading process. I will say that I can see where you could have issues with it if you didn't shake the bottle a lot between each spray. It definately separates like oil and water. Not to say that it is better than Imperial, but it is definately faster to apply.

Anyone else use a product called 'BoeLube'? I use it for case sizing, tapping and drilling. I find it a works extremely well.
View attachment 398258
I'll have to check it out. It will take a lot to get me away from Royal, stuff is amazing, best ive used in 48 yrs. Ordered some Boelube paste to test. Pricey stuff. Says non toxic but warns of skin irritation. Might be good for reaming chambers. Ill take it for a test drive and let ya know

Last edited:
I'll have to check it out. It will take a lot to get me away from Royal, stuff is amazing, best ive used in 48 yrs. Ordered some Boelube paste to test. Pricey stuff. Says non toxic but warns of skin irritation. Might be good for reaming chambers. Ill take it for a test drive and let ya know
I'll be anxious to hear back when you have compared the two products. In looking at the packaging types for the Royal products, they are very similar??

I don't spray the cases directly with the well shaken IPA/Lanolin mix, I spray the heavy paper towel under them and then by shaking the tray that they're all on I roll the cases back and forth a couple times.

View attachment 398258
Okay, this product showed up today just in time to size some 6XC brass from the range trip. I sized half with royal and half with boelube. I did clean the die between products. boelube paste liquefies quickly after putting it on fingers and a tiny amount, and I stress tiny amount goes a long way. They both went on easy but boelube slightly easier. As for lubricity, I couldn't tell any difference, both cases sized very easy. Wiping it off was easily done with both. Royal seemed to come off more completely and boelube cases were still slick are wiping it off but they were dry. If you prefer to apply your lube with your fingers, this stuff is awesome and easier than Redding. I prefer the pump spray over the paste Royal. I would like to try the aerosol Boelube and compare to the royal pump or aerosol. Boelube is super slick but pricey. Royal is said to leave a protective shield against corrosion but researching boelube, I could find no claims of protection. Boelube should be awesome on drill and mill bits and taps. I havent checked to see if it gets gummy over time. It seems to be a top tier product and right there running neck and neck with Royal. Ill try it more soon and may get some liquid and aerosol versions.

Okay, this product showed up today just in time to size some 6XC brass from the range trip. I sized half with royal and half with boelube. I did clean the die between products. boelube paste liquefies quickly after putting it on fingers and a tiny amount, and I stress tiny amount goes a long way. They both went on easy but boelube slightly easier. As for lubricity, I couldn't tell any difference, both cases sized very easy. Wiping it off was easily done with both. Royal seemed to come off more completely and boelube cases were still slick are wiping it off but they were dry. If you prefer to apply your lube with your fingers, this stuff is awesome and easier than Redding. I prefer the pump spray over the paste Royal. I would like to try the aerosol Boelube and compare to the royal pump or aerosol. Boelube is super slick but pricey. Royal is said to leave a protective shield against corrosion but researching boelube, I could find no claims of protection. Boelube should be awesome on drill and mill bits and taps. I havent checked to see if it gets gummy over time. It seems to be a top tier product and right there running neck and neck with Royal. Ill try it more soon and may get some liquid and aerosol versions.
Seebeeken..thank you for taking the time and completing the comparison, and posting your opinion. A follower questioning his current lube can benefit from your comments.
well done!