Case lube

I recently got some of the Alpha Munitions case lube. I've only used it on a dozen or so pieces of brass, but so far it seems to be great. It also wipes off with a rag and doesn't leave any residue behind.

If I am doing more than 20-40 reloads I use the Alcohol / Lanolin mix. After loading it wipes off easily with a cloth or some people tumble (I don't).

If I'm doing a small number of loads or test loads or work ups, I use Imperial Wax. Same as the lanolin, I just wipe it off with a cloth after loading.

You really can't go wrong with either. If using the lanolin mix, you can put your cases in a gallon zip lock, give them a few sprays and work the lube around. Dump them on a tray and let them dry a few minutes before using. The lanolin to alcohol is 1:10 to 1:12 ratio and make sure you buy liquid lanolin. Do not use the stuff that comes in a tube for nursing mothers. You can buy it cheap off Amazon. For 99% alcohol, a cheap and easy source is Heet fuel line antifreeze available in the auto section at Walmart or any auto parts store. You can also buy 99% off Amazon. Most stores only carry up to 91%. Don't use less than 99% as it has too much water in it to mix and dry properly.
Sam's club can get you 99% if you ask. May not be in stock, but they'll have it in hand in a couple of days. Been there - done that. Now I buy gallon jugs from Amazon for only a little more the quart at the S Club. Lots of uses for 99% around the house.

I just retired from a plant that made 99.9 guess I should have stocked up lol.

KISS, STP is available at every auto parts store, lots of gas stations, throw some in old truck! Switched some years ago from @ButterBean but heck my 64 Plymouth Sports Fury lived on it years ago!!! Cut my oil consumption in half which unfortunately increased mosquitos in area.

I bought a bottle quite some time ago and have enough for brass and prob my Ram with 196K on it!

Lanolin and regular rubbing alcohol I think it's 90%. Best I have ever used. From paste to aerosol. 1.5 oz lanolin 6.5 oz alcohol give or take a fine curly hair or two.

Tried lanolin. Was hard to wipe off clean. Switched to Royal and it lubes better than anything ive used and wipes off completely and easily and leaves a protective coating against corrosion.

I would like to add, I previously was using Hornady case sizing wax. It worked great, but it left the brass feeling kind of "sticky" even after wiping the lube off. I didn't like having that residue left behind, and I didn't want to have to use alcohol or a tumbler to get that stickiness to come off. Alpha described their case lube as being water based and easily removed with no residue left behind, and in my limited experience with it, I find this to be true.

I have used Hornady One shot for tons of 223 Rem and some 7MM Rem mag. I recently had a 223 AI built. Tried using Hornady 1 shot and cases did not like to go into the die where it was a very rough feeling. I ended up sending the die back to Redding and they inspected it and said it was fine and said to use their sizing wax. I got the die back and used their product. Cases were still a little finicky if not enough wax but I ended up figuring out about how much product was necessary and got it figured out. I place all the brass on a microfiber towel and wipe them off very briefly, tumble them for an hour and their good to go, no residue either. Prior to sizing I deprime and tumble to get them clean first.

I'll have to get some of the royal case lube. I presently have Imperial sizing die wax. I have used RCBS lube on a pad. It work just fine. Just besure you don't get to much on the pad. Wipe it off and move foreward. I didn't like the Hornady spray on lube. It was still sticky after wipping it off the case.

Recent Posts