NULA

The Fieldcrafts sound like a good bet. I picked up a Kimber Montana last year and have been very happy with it. Really like the stock and trigger and it's very accurate. Mine is a 280AI. If I wasn't hearing of the dropoff in QC I'd be interested in a NULA too, but not willing to take that gamble myself at this point.

I like them. I haven't found a better lightweight rifle for the price and have field craft and kimber. They just aren't the same. I actually heard he had stopped taking orders a while back and had an 18-20 month lead time so was stopping to work them off. If you can place an order and have the cash to burn, get one.

I like them. I haven't found a better lightweight rifle for the price and have field craft and kimber. They just aren't the same. I actually heard he had stopped taking orders a while back and had an 18-20 month lead time so was stopping to work them off. If you can place an order and have the cash to burn, get one.
I could definitely waffle on the idea. Cash to burn is the issue at the moment:)

Still tempted to buy one but I wonder about a rifles inc strata or cooper backcountry?
Would probably like the Bansner but literally 200% the price.

I have wanted a nula for years but it just hasn't been in my budget. If you can swing it then I would take the chance. 338 federal sounds like a great choice for your hunting style. If it's your dream rifle you won't be quite as happy with anything else. If it isn't 100 percent when you get it then I m sure he would stand behind it or another good Smith could do a little tweaking on it. Would that stink-absolutely -but not as bad as never getting what imho is the best light weight hunting ever built!

I bought a back country. It was expensive but it had some add on's like custom color stock and cerakote.
Still doing load development. It shot a .9 with 162 ELDX. The test target is a ragged hole but I understand Cooper shoots them at 50 yards 36x scope. Their load didn't group sub moa when I tried to recreate and shoot. It has a trigger tech trigger. Very easy to adjust. It took about a week for it to arrive not a year plus. I have yet to see a Fieldcraft.....

Update: I bought one. After looking at ballistics, I went with a .308...the only cartridge I stated that I was uninterested in😂
Very happy with the rifle. Fit and finish is excellent. Just started load work up and so far, bad groups are 1", most .75" at 100. I am no precision shooter, so pretty happy with that for a 5lb rifle.

Handles like nothing else.
8FF3C044-FA4B-4297-9DA2-3510A68C8D30.jpeg
4BB465D0-06EE-4ED5-A597-86F64B97E694.jpeg

Update: I bought one. After looking at ballistics, I went with a .308...the only cartridge I stated that I was uninterested in😂
Very happy with the rifle. Fit and finish is excellent. Just started load work up and so far, bad groups are 1", most .75" at 100. I am no precision shooter, so pretty happy with that for a 5lb rifle.
Barret or NULA? New used? Hit us with the info!

Great looking rifle! You will not be disappointed. I just took a nice bull a few weeks ago with my Model 24 30-06.

Do you know what the bare rifle weighs? I have been wrestling with the thought of ordering a Model 20 in 284W.

Great looking rifle! You will not be disappointed. I just took a nice bull a few weeks ago with my Model 24 30-06.

Do you know what the bare rifle weighs? I have been wrestling with the thought of ordering a Model 20 in 284W.

I don't have a weight on the bare rifle. Scoped is 6lb 7.5oz, so with 17.7oz of scope and 4oz of rings, should be just under 5lb 2oz.

I just saw this thread. Glad you decided to buy one. I have had one for 15 years, a model 20 with 21" barrel in 308. It is my favourite hunting rifle and it has taken a ton of game. Being Left Handed there aren't very many quality choices in Ultra Light rifles. I have owned lots of other UL versions by other makers, NONE handle and balance like the guns Melvin makes. Mine will regualrly do 1/2" at 100 and the really cool thing is it shoots 130 and 150 grain loads to within 1/2" of the same POI at 300 yards. A lot of my friends have bought NULAs after handling and shooting mine, none have ever had any issues and not one of them has ever sold one. This is a gun that will never get sold, it will be passed down in the family. I hope you have the same great results.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.