NULA

That's awesome. There is not a better reason than "because I want one" for cartridge or rifle choice, especially if you already have your bases covered.
As an aside, my next rifle purchase is probably going to be a talkeetna in .375 H&H.
I took my first African safari back in 1988, then I did a brown bear hunt in 1989. I was using a Winchester .375H&H. On both my bear hunt and african hunt my rifle repeatedly jammed, and, that thing kicked like a mule. So I sold it and bought a Browning stainless stalker I think it was called, with the Boss system, in 375H&H. Geeze, it kicked and boy, was it ever loud. So I elected to buy the Talkeetna and I have taken it on several trips. For whatever reason, I suppose because of the stock, it really does not kick and I truly enjoy shooting it. I LOVE my Talkeetna.

I took my first African safari back in 1988, then I did a brown bear hunt in 1989. I was using a Winchester .375H&H. On both my bear hunt and african hunt my rifle repeatedly jammed, and, that thing kicked like a mule. So I sold it and bought a Browning stainless stalker I think it was called, with the Boss system, in 375H&H. Geeze, it kicked and boy, was it ever loud. So I elected to buy the Talkeetna and I have taken it on several trips. For whatever reason, I suppose because of the stock, it really does not kick and I truly enjoy shooting it. I LOVE my Talkeetna.
I am hoping to go to Africa and get a brown bear hunt in over the next few years and that rifle seems perfect.

I am hoping to go to Africa and get a brown bear hunt in over the next few years and that rifle seems perfect.
I have a Schmidt and Bender 1.5 - 6 scope on mine, I bought that many years ago. Now with the internet and ability to research things, I may opt for something different, but for sure I would keep a lower power scope for hunting big dangerous bears. I had a sow brown bear stand up and look at me from 17 steps while hunting in Alaska way back in 1989. I whispered to my guide, 'do you think she will charge us?' He is standing there with no bullet in the chamber of his gun and his scope was covered up, he says, 'no, she will f*** off!!' About 5 seconds later she dropped and charged straight at us. Only by the grace of God I somehow got my gun up and fired off a shot, somehow hitting her in the mouth which sent her tumbling down an embankment into the river where she died. If I would have had my scope set on a higher power I never would have been able to see her coming, and if God didn't want me alive I never would have made that shot, because I could never do that again in 100 years!!

I have a Schmidt and Bender 1.5 - 6 scope on mine, I bought that many years ago. Now with the internet and ability to research things, I may opt for something different, but for sure I would keep a lower power scope for hunting big dangerous bears. I had a sow brown bear stand up and look at me from 17 steps while hunting in Alaska way back in 1989. I whispered to my guide, 'do you think she will charge us?' He is standing there with no bullet in the chamber of his gun and his scope was covered up, he says, 'no, she will f*** off!!' About 5 seconds later she dropped and charged straight at us. Only by the grace of God I somehow got my gun up and fired off a shot, somehow hitting her in the mouth which sent her tumbling down an embankment into the river where she died. If I would have had my scope set on a higher power I never would have been able to see her coming, and if God didn't want me alive I never would have made that shot, because I could never do that again in 100 years!!
Yikes!
I have thought some about a scope too. Most recently have been thinking an NX8 1-8x but seriously considered a low power S&B like yours too. Why would you go a different route and what would you get?

For me, weight is a major issue. I'm lazy, I don't want to be packing any more weight than necessary. I do not recall what my S&B weighs, but I do know my leupold VX5hd, 2x10 weighs about 16.5 oz, and my new leupold VX3hd weighs about 11.5 oz. I see the NF 1x8 weighs 17 oz, so that would be great. Actually, I hear lots of great things about these NF scopes, I just have no history with them. Figuring out what scope to buy can be a real task!! Lots of great choices. I suppose if I were buying a new scope for a Talkeetna, for my purposes, the leupold 2x10 in VX5hd would be a good compromise for dangerous game and 300 yard shots at those little springbuck!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.