What is it with dweebs on YouTube?

After reading some of the comments on here it's apparent that what he was demonstrating was missed. It wasn't about the cartridges used. It was in response to comments about the ethics of long range hunting. He was showing that with good equipment and practice it's possible to shoot as well at long distance as it is at "normal" hunting distances and methods.

Nope... we didn't miss it, he didn't show it. Granted, I fast forwarded to the cringe part, but that doesn't matter. If you're going to put your "amazing talents proving how long range shooting is as easy as short range shooting" in a video and post it to the internet, don't fake recoil (poorly), don't show bad technique, and don't show a shotgun target.

Oh, and don't believe your own male bovine fecal matter. Long range shooting is a different game than short range shooting.Well... if you don't mind target sized groups at 500 yards I guess you can make that assumption.

It's a Gen Z trait. Gen Z got their education during Covid. Let that sink in. YT can be a good source of knowledge and it's an equally good source of male bovine fecal matter.

Nope... we didn't miss it, he didn't show it. Granted, I fast forwarded to the cringe part, but that doesn't matter. If you're going to put your "amazing talents proving how long range shooting is as easy as short range shooting" in a video and post it to the internet, don't fake recoil (poorly), don't show bad technique, and don't show a shotgun target.

Oh, and don't believe your own male bovine fecal matter. Long range shooting is a different game than short range shooting.Well... if you don't mind target sized groups at 500 yards I guess you can make that assumption.

It's a Gen Z trait. Gen Z got their education during Covid. Let that sink in. YT can be a good source of knowledge and it's an equally good source of male bovine fecal matter.
Thanks for proving my point. You missed it too. Also, nobody ever said long range was easy. Those are your words.

You're welcome.

You said "He was showing that with good equipment and practice it's possible to shoot as well at long distance as it is at "normal" hunting distances and methods."

He didn't demonstrate that in any way shape or form. He talked about it (I guess?). His targets didn't show me anything that proved he has the skills to shoot at long range.

"Normal hunting", as in 50-200 yards where I live, doesn't mean a person can shoot "as well" at long distance, 500 -1,000 yards.

I can shoot a 1/4" group with my .20PPC at 200 yards. FROM A BENCH not kneeling down in scrub. When I move to 300, with a 22x Nightforce scope, mirage and other factors make shooting an equivalent group, 1/8 MOA at 300 yards is a shade over 3/4" for those playing the home game, more difficult.

Move out to 500 with the same equipment, and it'll be harder still. 1,000 yards? If I had a place to try it, I would, and my expectations would be low.

338 Edge, same setup, same problems. It's a hole in a hole rifle at 100 yards. 7mm Rem Mag, same setup, same problems. Same groups at 100 yards.

It takes time but with detailed reloading techniques and an understanding of critical parameters, like barrel harmonics, anyone can get you there.

Using that video? Nope.

While I agree that the "exaggerated" recoil is cringe worthy, the guy is actually fairly knowledgeable. After reading some of the comments on here it's apparent that what he was demonstrating was missed. It wasn't about the cartridges used. It was in response to comments about the ethics of long range hunting. He was showing that with good equipment and practice it's possible to shoot as well at long distance as it is at "normal" hunting distances and methods.

His message was lost in his theatrics then. If he is truly knowledgeable he would not have needed to put on that Oscar worthy performance. He lost credibility with that if he indeed had any.

You're welcome.

You said "He was showing that with good equipment and practice it's possible to shoot as well at long distance as it is at "normal" hunting distances and methods."

He didn't demonstrate that in any way shape or form. He talked about it (I guess?). His targets didn't show me anything that proved he has the skills to shoot at long range.

"Normal hunting", as in 50-200 yards where I live, doesn't mean a person can shoot "as well" at long distance, 500 -1,000 yards.

I can shoot a 1/4" group with my .20PPC at 200 yards. FROM A BENCH not kneeling down in scrub. When I move to 300, with a 22x Nightforce scope, mirage and other factors make shooting an equivalent group, 1/8 MOA at 300 yards is a shade over 3/4" for those playing the home game, more difficult.

Move out to 500 with the same equipment, and it'll be harder still. 1,000 yards? If I had a place to try it, I would, and my expectations would be low.

338 Edge, same setup, same problems. It's a hole in a hole rifle at 100 yards. 7mm Rem Mag, same setup, same problems. Same groups at 100 yards.

It takes time but with detailed reloading techniques and an understanding of critical parameters, like barrel harmonics, anyone can get you there.

Using that video? Nope.
You should really watch his other videos and then call someone to help remove your foot from your mouth