NSX vs. Mark 6

I would not buy another NF for hunting. I have both NF and leupold here are my thoughts. NF is a bad #$# scope but the are very heavy way to much for hunting. I have the 3-15 NSX FFP on my elk rifle now and it is getting replaced with a Leupold. The FFP has a short eye box so they are very hard to get into I a quick shot situation. now my atacr is better but it is on my bench gun so I'm not worried about quick shot or weight. I'm going with a mark 4. It is a lot lighter for hunting and I have one on my Barrett 50 that hasn't failed yet. The military uses both so you know they are both good scopes. I talked to both customer service without problem. I have only sent back one Leupold but it was to have it cleaned and set to zero. It is like Ford and Chevy both have good and bad but at the end of the day they are both good cars. hope this helps if you haven't bought one. FYI the FFP is not for shooting targets the cross hair on my NF at 500 yards were covering up way to much. It makes it to hard to see.

I would not buy another NF for hunting. I have both NF and leupold here are my thoughts. NF is a bad #$# scope but the are very heavy way to much for hunting. I have the 3-15 NSX FFP on my elk rifle now and it is getting replaced with a Leupold. The FFP has a short eye box so they are very hard to get into I a quick shot situation. now my atacr is better but it is on my bench gun so I'm not worried about quick shot or weight. I'm going with a mark 4. It is a lot lighter for hunting and I have one on my Barrett 50 that hasn't failed yet. The military uses both so you know they are both good scopes. I talked to both customer service without problem. I have only sent back one Leupold but it was to have it cleaned and set to zero. It is like Ford and Chevy both have good and bad but at the end of the day they are both good cars. hope this helps if you haven't bought one. FYI the FFP is not for shooting targets the cross hair on my NF at 500 yards were covering up way to much. It makes it to hard to see.

What are you talking about???? Are you serious?

FFP is not for shooting targets??? Do you know that over 95 out of 100 of the top benchers shooters use FFP scopes????

What are you talking about???? Are you serious?

FFP is not for shooting targets??? Do you know that over 95 out of 100 of the top benchers shooters use FFP scopes????

Wow calm down Dude! It's just my observation from what I see through my scopes! I don't care what you think! I bought $15000.00 of NF scopes this year and I just don't like them for me. I tried them and I'm removing them. They are not any better than Leupold for what I do. Hell if you want to know the truth he needs to go and look for himself because no one scope is for everyone. My buddy has an old Nikon TI that is one of the clearest scopes I have ever looked through. FYI the FFP NF looks like two logs for crosshairs on high power and that's a fact jack!

FYI,
precision rifle blog is geared towards PRS-style shooting matches, not benchrest competitions.

Not anymore.

Go to precisionrifleblog.com and take a look for yourself. It list the "top 100". Only 1 out of the top 100 used a SFP. I look forward to apology from you **** FOR BRAINS!!!

You obviously don't have clue about the difference between PRS Tactical Compitition and ANY form of BENCHREST COMPITITION!!! Not a clue. The article you quoted was about PRS compeditors. Benchrest and PRS are about as far apart as NFL football and peewee softball.

Know what the hell you are talking about before you post on this form. Post stuff like that around here and you will be called out!!!

I have shot a few LR matches in my career. I know HUNDREDS of BR guys .....mostly 600/1k IBS. Even took home a trophy or two myself.....and I will tell you one thing..... NONE of them use a FFP scope...except maybe the odd tactical shooter who sits down and shoots with us.

Your source........about "benchers" no less.......

Best Long-Range Scopes
I recently surveyed the top 100 shooters in the Precision Rifle Series (PRS), and this post reviews the scopes and reticles those guys were running in 2015. The PRS tracks how top competitors place in major rifle matches across the country. These are the major leagues of sniper-style competitions, with targets typically from 300 to 1200 yards. For more info on the Precision Rifle Series and who these guys are, or to view what other gear they're running scroll to the bottom of this article. This is one of several posts based on that gear survey of the top PRS shooters. ...

Not anymore.

Go to precisionrifleblog.com and take a look for yourself. It list the "top 100". Only 1 out of the top 100 used a SFP. I look forward to apology from you **** FOR BRAINS!!!

I see a pattern developing here. Think twice - post once.

Not anymore.

Hey BergerBoy,

I am still waiting for you to step up and take responsibility for you latest post!!

Tod Soeby

Interesting. I have 2 MK 6's bought a year apart from each other and they track 100% and so does my NF. In fact the only over $1000 scope that does not track 100% is my March tactical FFP but I have heard that they use a slightly different MIL adjustment which would account for the difference. Still waiting to confirm this. The popular thing to do on this site is to bash any scope that is not NF. Pretty Sad!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.