IOR Valdada Vs Nightforce NSX

Prieto9000

Hey guys I have the opportunity to get a Nightforce NSX 5.5-22X56 and a IOR Valdada 3.5-18X50 for the same price. I just don`t know which one is a better scope. I like the FFP reticle on the IOR but I can`t find as much people saying good stuff about IOR as the NSX. Which one should I get?? It`s for my .338 EDGE

I own both, and I like both. But will take the NXS over the IOR for my needs.

Jeff

Can you explain a little the pros-cons on each that makes you like the NSX better?? I read the thread someone pasted here and some people say the IOR is a little better. I`m not saying you`re wrong. I just don`t want to spend this kind of money without doing extensive research.

I have played a little with the NSX and I like it but haven`t been able to get my hands on the IOR.

If glass quality and tracking is pretty much on pair, for me the FFP would be a tie breaker. I have FFP on 2 Viper PSTs and really love it. We have targets @ the range from 150yds trough 1000yds and it`s pretty fun to start shooting them without having to dial the turrets. I`m happy with my pair of vipers, the downside is that past 20x the image quality is at best acceptable. It gets a little foggy and really dark. Imposible to shoot in low light. This is why I want to upgrade my .338 EDGE scope.

First understand I am not going to address the FFP part of these scopes. I do dial my shots and shoot at times past 2000 yards so for this I do not want a FFP scope.

But to compare the differences between the IOR and NXS in basic function here is what I see.

Glass on both is great, so no issues there. I prefer the zero stop that NF has. It is a solid very good working system. I find the turret detents of the NXS to be a little more definite. The IOR is good but I like the feel of the NXS better. I have had one of the IOR's fail in the past. They did replace it but never the less it failed and caused me a little grief. I have never had a NXS fail and I use a ton of them. Todays IOR's are better, at least most of them. But in the past there has been some issues with them (the old blue ring model). I have lost again, the rubber eye piece rings on both IOR's. I need to call and get replacements again. This is common and I will glue the new ones on this time. They fall off easy and get lost if pulling out of a case or back pack.

Like I said, I have both and like both. These are small issues, but my trust and preference goes to Nightforce.

Jeff

First understand I am not going to address the FFP part of these scopes. I do dial my shots and shoot at times past 2000 yards so for this I do not want a FFP scope.

But to compare the differences between the IOR and NXS in basic function here is what I see.

Glass on both is great, so no issues there. I prefer the zero stop that NF has. It is a solid very good working system. I find the turret detents of the NXS to be a little more definite. The IOR is good but I like the feel of the NXS better. I have had one of the IOR's fail in the past. They did replace it but never the less it failed and caused me a little grief. I have never had a NXS fail and I use a ton of them. Todays IOR's are better, at least most of them. But in the past there has been some issues with them (the old blue ring model). I have lost again, the rubber eye piece rings on both IOR's. I need to call and get replacements again. This is common and I will glue the new ones on this time. They fall off easy and get lost if pulling out of a case or back pack.

Like I said, I have both and like both. These are small issues, but my trust and preference goes to Nightforce.

Jeff

Thanks for the input!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.