Swarovski X5 vs ATACR/NSX

Ingwe

Just saw this new model, so I am wondering if any of you have handled one and what was your impression of it. I read Len's review here and he raved over it, so I am especially interested in hearing what your impressions are as compared to an ATACR or NSX....size, bulk, optical quality, etc.

Even though it's a 30mm, it looks pretty big, especially the knobs. I'm sure that the optical quality is insane.

I am going to buy one of the above so just looking to hear what you all have to say.

Thank You Guys!

Sir I own both and would be happy to speak with you about them. Dave 602-228-1719

Dave always give great advice!! Several times I have called him for his professional opinion and he always takes time to answer my questions!!

I will add that based upon your budget (as $$ varies quite a bit between these models) you WILL NOT be dissapointed with any of the three!!

Good luck

Dave thank you so much for the kind offer and I am going to call you soon as I get home. I'm out of the country right now working off the I Phone!

Figured I'd get a jump on my decision by reading some feedback..plus I'm bored:)

Crazy hobby we all share!

I am curious what you decided on going with. I am basically in the same boat. I have a few NXS and love them but am toying with the idea of the x5i or atacr.

If'n it were me (for hunting purposes) I'd get the new Vortex Viper AMG HD.

Yeah street price is around $2,500. but it's ENTIRELY made in USA, including the glass. in Vortex's new Advanced Manufacturing Group facility. This is the first of the AMG scopes.

Eric B.

Wondering what you decided on getting? The x5 is on sale right now fit about the same price of an amg. I am in the same boat and need a scope for my hunting rig. I have a atacr but it weighs to much for my hunting rig. I can't find an amg so looking at getting the x5 as they are available

I have no experience with the AMG. I expect it is very good but not likely to be as good as the X5.

I have an AMG and am very impressed with it. Was out yesterday morning and had no problem viewing a sow and cubs through it 15 minutes before legal shooting light as they walked past.

I have no experience with an X5 but size and weight appear pretty close to the AMG. The AMG is FFP scope though and the X5 is SFP. The AMG is 6x24 only but don't think you'd really notice the difference if you were looking for the 5x25 X5.

Getting an AMG at the moment though might be very hard. I pre-ordered in January and got mine in Sept. Lots of talk on other forums from folks on the AMG backorder wait lists but Vortex is shipping them out just not fast enough to satisfy everyone.

I also have a ATACR FFP 5x25 which is also a great scope but a little larger and heavier than the AMG. Glass in the ATACR might in my opinion be slightly better than the AMG but not so I think it would make any difference in a field situation. I admit to being a NF fan.

Glass in the ATACR might in my opinion be slightly better than the AMG but not so I think it would make any difference in a field situation. I admit to being a NF fan.

I am also a HUGE Nightforce fan

But the glass in my x5 is better than the really good glass in my own ATACR.

I also have multiple night force scopes including the ATACR but the glass in my opinion is no where close to the Swarovski and they weigh more as well. This scope is going to be going on a light weight hunting rifle.

I still havent came to a decision yet on which to go for. I have had very bad luck with Swarovski in the past and really hesitate to buy another. I bought 3 scopes (brand new) and had to send 2 of 3 back for warranty after first range trip when nothing would group on a rifle and load that was proven. To me that was unacceptable especially when paying so much money and then being without a scope and having to pay for return shipping for repair on a brand new scope. Needless to say after that experience I sold all Swarovski that I owned.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.