Swarovski X5

Here is a link to the Swarovski X5 review.

More tech detail on the X5 can be found here at the LRH Store where we offer the scopes for sale.

On our LRH Store pages we have ALL the detailed specifications on the X5 line of scopes including the 5-25x56 and the 3.5-18x50 models.

There you can see detailed blowups of the available reticles. Available info also includes reticle subtension, total MOA adjustability range, etc. In addition to the DESCRIPTION tab, be sure you also click on the SPECIFICATIONS, VIDEOS and ATTACHMENTS tabs to see a huge amount more detail.

Here is a link to the Swarovski X5 review.

More tech detail on the X5 can be found here at the LRH Store where we offer the scopes for sale.

On our LRH Store pages we have ALL the detailed specifications on the X5 line of scopes including the 5-25x56 and the 3.5-18x50 models.

There you can see detailed blowups of the available reticles. Available info also includes reticle subtension, total MOA adjustability range, etc. In addition to the DESCRIPTION tab, be sure you also click on the SPECIFICATIONS, VIDEOS and ATTACHMENTS tabs to see a huge amount more detail.

Well, that seals the deal. I'm sold. Thanks, Len!

Mitch.

Len, I am thinking about buying an X5 from you.

Can you tell me how it compares in size/bulk/appearance to an ATACR and the NSX?
The X5 "looks" big. The knobs look like they are huge and might affect how you carry the gun while hunting. Whatdaya think?

No significant issue in my 3 mos of use.

Might be a tight fit for my current horse scabbard but I will deal with that if necessary.

Look at the Review pix where it is next to the other scopes.

Thanks for the quick response Len!

I read your review and I did look at the pics. I am interested in the 3.5x18x50. It "looks" as big and bulky as the ATACR, even though it is 30mm vs34mm and 50 vs 56mm. That's why I asked what your impression was of size/bulk of the X5 compared with an ATACR. It should be smaller/less bulky than the ATACR but it's hard to tell from pictures.

I'm getting rid of my ATACR bc I feel it's too big for my Sporter sized rifle, so I don't want something just as big....that's why I put the NSX in the mix.
I'm not worried about extra money....buy once cry once, I just want to get the best match.

I appreciate your advice and I will order from you when I decide.

Anything to add to what you said based on what I wrote above?

Well, I just put one in 5-25x56 on my 6.5 # Mountain Rifle.

It replaces a much smaller 4-16x42 Huskemaw that weighed 21 oz vs 30 oz for the X5.

That description is the best way to answer your concern. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.