not bloody enough

Jimm

Thats the way it seems anyway,

I take my youngest son Jesse to Wyoming for a Antelope hunt . As many here may know he was quite ruthless and put 5 of those marvelous tasting critters in the travel freezer .

Fast forward to " back home " in Arkie land . [image]
102_0970_372_372.jpg
[/image]

Another one bites the dust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I realize this buck had great potential and by his teeth was only 2 years old .

That doesn't matter when you figure in that this is a young man with not that many deer under his belt . I figure that when he wants to be a trophy hunter then it will be . Until then I am glad to be out there with him and will be glad for whatever buck he wants to take .

I ruined a number of years of my deer hunting with media influenced notions of what size of buck I should shoot .

Such a waste of my time , as the animals that they contended I should shoot didn't exist in my area of the country.

Enjoy the hunt you all, that is first and foremost !

Jim B.

Who is the little critter in the lower right?

P.S.

I had the antelope made into salami and polish sausage. I was eating a salami sandwich today and come to find out some Arkie had left part of a 190 MK in the meat. I thought I had lost a filing at first. Come to think of it now it might have been a piece of a Berger fired by someone who couldn't read the wind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Come to think of it now it might have been a piece of a Berger fired by someone who couldn't read the wind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful there, you may let the cat out of the bag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Had some of that polish sausage up on the mountain today on my last frutless day of buck season. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jimm,

Enjoy the hunt you all, that is first and foremost !

My friend that I hunt with told me that his grandma, who hunted till she was in her mid 70's told him last year to just enjoy the hunt.. Excellent words of advise. No need to say anymore.

Congrats to your son. Bet he gets all the girls..

Nobody could read the kind of wind we had /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The "little critter " is my first grandson, Jeremiah's first child . Sits in a stand for half a day at a time quietly observing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wait till Roy hears what you did to that antelope meat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Spino,
Your friends grandmother sounds like a pretty cool old gal ( don't tell her about the " old " part )
Jim B

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.