Nosler's revolutionary creation

i think it has somehting to do with the small diameter bullets that long heavy and pointy. They just pass thru like a lazer without much disruption to the internals.
So, if I'm following your argument correctly, you believe that the widespread trend towards longer, higher BC bullets in about every diameter has a negative correlation to killing efficacy?

IME, long, heavy for caliber bullets are very effective killers both near and far. And while there's myriad variables that go into bullet upset, tissue disruption, etc, in an effort to not get too far in the weeds on more difficult to qualify attributes, I'll keep my response constrained to facts that are easily searched and verified: Long, heavy for caliber, higher BC bullets are less adversely affected by both atmospheric and wind conditions, enabling bullets to land closer to POA in a wider range of conditions. Bullets landing where they're supposed to has a very positive correlation to killing efficacy.

Last edited:
So, if I'm following your argument correctly, you believe that the widespread trend towards longer, higher BC bullets in about every diameter has a negative correlation to killing efficacy?

IME, long, heavy for caliber bullets are very effective killers both near and far. And while there's myriad variables that go into bullet upset, tissue disruption, etc, in an effort to not get too far in the weeds on more difficult to qualify attributes, I'll keep my response constrained to facts that are easily searched and verified: Long, heavy for caliber, higher BC bullets are less adversely affected by both atmospheric and wind conditions, enabling bullets to land closer to POA in a wider range of conditions. Bullets landing where they're supposed to has a very positive correlation to killing efficacy.
Then why don't the boys over in Africa use long pointy bullets for charging dangerous game??

Then why don't the boys over in Africa use long pointy bullets for charging dangerous game??
Get charged by a lot of deers?

Seriously, Karomojo Bell killed 1k+ elephants with 175 grn .284 bullets.

Lot of factors go into dangerous game stopping bullets. Most notably would be the fact that DG bullets are generally solid or non expanding and, therefore, rely on a larger meplat to disrupt structural and CNS tissues, which necessitates the larger bore diameters commonly considered to be stoppers. In mag fed guns, there simply isn't enough room for pointed bullets as weight is more highly venerated than BC when shots are measured in ft.

I don't have direct experience with African game and modern trends in stopping rifles, so others will be able to add more to the discussion.

Why would nosler want to do that?
Because every time they bring out a new cartridge they make sure some company is going to produce guns in their new caliber.
I think most agree the 300WSM is a winner in a longer action so maybe more brass manufacturers would produce more for hand loaders who buy components from companies like Nosler if someone was making guns in standard length actions chambered for the 300 WSM.

Because every time they bring out a new cartridge they make sure some company is going to produce guns in their new caliber.
I think most agree the 300WSM is a winner in a longer action so maybe more brass manufacturers would produce more for hand loaders who buy components from companies like Nosler if someone was making guns in standard length actions chambered for the 300 WSM.
But… that's not their cartridge?

Are you saying nosler should create an intermediate action all based around people would then buy ablrs to reload for the millions of 300wsm s dominating the hunting market?