Nosler's revolutionary creation

They should have just done a fast twist 270 WSM. Maybe call it WSM-FT. Mark the ammo for fast twist only in the heavies.
That's basically what they did. I feel a different name is warranted. Elstwise, how many shooters would be complaining about how poorly the new FT ammo shoots out of their old 270 WSM, or vice versa? Maybe not on internet forums where more people are well informed, but for a lot of the shooting world twist and BC remian esoteric subjects.

Granted, you could send a letter to the 10 people who bought 270 WSM's . . .

I would do a Tikka 300 WSM if I could find brass
There is brass out there. ADG brass should be available. Check with North American ammunition company. Not listed in his website but he got a huge batch in recently.

That's basically what they did. I feel a different name is warranted. Elstwise, how many shooters would be complaining about how poorly the new FT ammo shoots out of their old 270 WSM, or vice versa? Maybe not on internet forums where more people are well informed, but for a lot of the shooting world twist and BC remian esoteric subjects.

Granted, you could send a letter to the 10 people who bought 270 WSM's . . .
I like the short action WSM's for flexibility. As an avid reloader, I have used full patch 140gr Partitions for SC hogs, downloaded the 270 WSM with 130gr soft points in the woods and for kids, and made an 8x57 equivalent load in the 325 WSM to use in thick brush. They may never be a "mainstream" cartridge, but I like the flexibility. I also like exploring the possibility of using them in a magnum length action with longer bullets and a faster twist; just for kicks.

Maybe nosler could try producing affordable and available ammo
Good point. I give Hornady credit for not price gouging. Most Hornady ammo is a decent value, comparatively. And it's actually available from time to time.

I know there's a lot of shade being cast on Hornady these days. But the reality is that they are putting out well designed cartridges. Marketing can only take a product so far; eventually intrinsic value has to take over if it's going to have staying power, and the PRC's have proven to be more than marketing fluf.

To get the most out of my 300WSM I quit using a short action and went to an intermediate 3006 length action with s magnum bolt face I could use the highest BC copper bullets. Action is 3.3" OAL friendly.
I've long thought that the value of a short action is greatly overstated for most applications. In a lot of cases, ie short mags, a true short action costs a lot in terms of bullet selection and powder capacity. Better to run them in a medium length like a Tikka.

If action rigidity is legitimately a concern, run a closed top design.

I couldn't agree more. None of their new cartridges do it for me.
Not that I ultimately care what others shoot, and I dont believe that a bullet sent from one cartridge has any more or less efficacy than a bullet sent from a cartridge that is close in performance but disparate in configuration, but for the sake of conversation, would you be willing to elaborate on why the PRC cartridges aren't appealing to you? Is it a design/attributes issue, or just that they don't really cover a lot of new ground?

Good point. I give Hornady credit for not price gouging. Most Hornady ammo is a decent value, comparatively. And it's actually available from time to time.

I know there's a lot of shade being cast on Hornady these days. But the reality is that they are putting out well designed cartridges. Marketing can only take a product so far; eventually intrinsic value has to take over if it's going to have staying power, and the PRC's have proven to be more than marketing fluf.
Well the PRC is simply riding the 6.5 creedmore's coattails