Nosler long range Accubond experience

I have a 7STW, not a 7RM. The barrel life of the STW I would hazard a guess is around 800 rounds. I have put close to 400 rounds through mine in short order, so I had another 7mm barrel in storage and chambered it to replace the other one.
A 7RM barrel should go beyond 1200 rounds before giving up the ghost.

Cheers.
Just avoid long shot strings and shooting the STW hot and you'll find you can extend that quite a bit. I had one nearing 2000rds and figured it was about time for a rebarrel but sent it to a friend who's both a very find gunsmith and retired engineer who borescoped it and said I was probably not much past half my accurate throat life.

I shot that rifle a whole lot but never more than 3 rounds without a cool down and it's done surprisingly well for me since 1992 when I first picked it up from the Remington Custom Shop.

I used the 142g LRAB in my 264 Win on my desert bighorn last month. Shot was 300 yards. Entrance hole was "dramatic", exit was the size of a quarter. I was glad it held together, will probably use them on more animals.

I used the 142g LRAB in my 264 Win on my desert bighorn last month. Shot was 300 yards. Entrance hole was "dramatic", exit was the size of a quarter. I was glad it held together, will probably use them on more animals.
How far off the lands do you run em? Consistent accuracy?

I love them in my 6.5 PRC. I use the 142 gr at 2900 fps .060 off the lands. Accuracy is 1/2" and performance is fantastic. 4 shots and 4 dead deer this year. None ran more than 35-40 yards. Shots ranged from 165 USA to 420. I can't ask more from a hunting cartridge.

It didn't matter what seating depth I used they wouldn't shoot to my liking in my 6.5 creed. I could get 1 moa but that was best. Now in my 6.5 prc they shot well @ 25 thou off lands .6 moa. With that many in stock I hope they work for you. In Prc I'm using IMR 4955 @ 3030
What charge on the 4955 ive been experimenting with it great accuracy but i havent hit that speed and are yiu a 26" or 24" barrel?

How many rounds do do you get out of a 7mag barrel? I took mine off at 708 but it was still shooting good. I just wanted a carbon fiber barrel and needed something to get me excited to shoot the 7mag again. It's been too easy to reach for the 6.5 saum the last few years.
I've been shooting my 7Rem mag for around 53 years, my dad shot it before me. It's a 1962 M700 with a stainless barrel and it's got over 5000 rounds through it. It will still shoot well under an inch. I've never really let the barrel get too hot..

I'm shooting the 190's out of my 300 WM at 2950 fps. Love them so far. This is my first year using them and I came away with cow elk at 418 yards. Bang Flop. I'm seating them 0.020" from the lands. I found working up a load was extremely easy. Love the BC on them too!

I and brother shoot the LRAB in various calibers.

I sort them by ogive length first and consider this critical for eliminating flyers.

280 AI, 7 Rem mag, custom and factory, the 175g LRAB love to be seated close if not barely touching the lands, different per barrel.

6.5 x 47 Lapua- loves the 129 LRAB seated very, very close to the lands

308 Win with short Palma throat, shoots groups so small it is unbelievable, Lapua brass with several powders with Lever powder being the fastest.

I had one heck of a time trying to get the 150g LRAB to shoot in my 7 Mag, gave 5 boxes to my brother and he found success jumping them over .200.

These LRAB slaughter deer and hogs under 250 yards, and we like this aspect of runners. I lung shoot deer, a tad further back than the crease of the leg and shoulder, perhaps 6" back with lungs and heart blended. 129's in the 6.5x47 do not always penetrate deer, but Dead is dead. A muzzle break allows you to see the direction of the short dash that some make. A Buck chasing a doe does take some killing.

I and brother shoot the LRAB in various calibers.

I sort them by ogive length first and consider this critical for eliminating flyers.

280 AI, 7 Rem mag, custom and factory, the 175g LRAB love to be seated close if not barely touching the lands, different per barrel.

6.5 x 47 Lapua- loves the 129 LRAB seated very, very close to the lands

308 Win with short Palma throat, shoots groups so small it is unbelievable, Lapua brass with several powders with Lever powder being the fastest.

I had one heck of a time trying to get the 150g LRAB to shoot in my 7 Mag, gave 5 boxes to my brother and he found success jumping them over .200.

These LRAB slaughter deer and hogs under 250 yards, and we like this aspect of runners. I lung shoot deer, a tad further back than the crease of the leg and shoulder, perhaps 6" back with lungs and heart blended. 129's in the 6.5x47 do not always penetrate deer, but Dead is dead. A muzzle break allows you to see the direction of the short dash that some make. A Buck chasing a doe does take some killing.
Vince it's funny you say that about the ABLR bullets shooting best close to the lands. I've always heard they like a lot of jump and have had many frustrating range sessions trying to get them to shoot well.

I was fire forming some brass for my 338 NMI and had the 300 grain ABLR touching the lands and shot this 3 shot group right from the get go.

IMG_0608.png

ironically the 129 ABLR has always shot really well from my wife's 6.5x47 Lapua.