Accubond long range

My 168 ABLR's in 7 MM rem mag were .227 on factory loads and shot 3" group.. I reseated to .010 and got 2" group, .030 got 1 1/2 ", .040 got 1 1/4", and finally quit at .050 with 3/4" group. Took me 12 shots to do all of that but now I have 8 left at .050" that I will test at my final scope zero of 300 yards. I leave my scope at 300 yds for all of my deer hunting in GA and have a holdover/under cheat sheet taped to my stock.

I tried them in my 6.5 SAUM. Seated them from .010 to .110 off the lands and the best group was about 3/4" at .090 jump. I switched to Berger's and groups tightened right up. I like the ABLR, just wish they shot better in my SAUM. Good luck. I hope they shoot well for you! Best, Victoria

FYI - off the Nosler website:
TECHNICAL NOTE
*When loading the AccuBond®-LR bullet, Nosler ballisticians have found that loading to the maximum SAAMI cartridge overall length tends to provide best accuracy.

LINK: ABLR
This is what I found worked best in my 300WSM, to be really close to SAAMI COAL which is counter to most of how we try to load close to lands. I always try a few at SAAMI or close to it just to be sure. They do seem to like a lot of jump from my experience with them. The AB's though loved to be 0.10 off for most part. Every bullet has a sweet spot and the ABLR's seem to be let me jump! Or in this case LEAP!

Which is why I now shoot Hammers! They don't seem to care how far off they are and shoot great!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.