Accubond long range

deweyduck

My 168 ABLR's in 7 MM rem mag were .227 on factory loads and shot 3" group.. I reseated to .010 and got 2" group, .030 got 1 1/2 ", .040 got 1 1/4", and finally quit at .050 with 3/4" group. Took me 12 shots to do all of that but now I have 8 left at .050" that I will test at my final scope zero of 300 yards. I leave my scope at 300 yds for all of my deer hunting in GA and have a holdover/under cheat sheet taped to my stock.

Lethal_Chica

LRH Team Member
I tried them in my 6.5 SAUM. Seated them from .010 to .110 off the lands and the best group was about 3/4" at .090 jump. I switched to Berger's and groups tightened right up. I like the ABLR, just wish they shot better in my SAUM. Good luck. I hope they shoot well for you! Best, Victoria

Muddyboots

FYI - off the Nosler website:
TECHNICAL NOTE
*When loading the AccuBond®-LR bullet, Nosler ballisticians have found that loading to the maximum SAAMI cartridge overall length tends to provide best accuracy.

LINK: ABLR
This is what I found worked best in my 300WSM, to be really close to SAAMI COAL which is counter to most of how we try to load close to lands. I always try a few at SAAMI or close to it just to be sure. They do seem to like a lot of jump from my experience with them. The AB's though loved to be 0.10 off for most part. Every bullet has a sweet spot and the ABLR's seem to be let me jump! Or in this case LEAP!

Which is why I now shoot Hammers! They don't seem to care how far off they are and shoot great!

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts