Nosler e-tip or Barnes LRX?

The non conventional design characteristics of CEB were far superior on target than the Barnes out of my 458 socom. Sure they're more expensive but price of doing business honestly.

No, but all of their new ones have them. What other part "couldn't be further from the truth"? The price? Pardon my hyperbole. You are right they are only twice as expensive as Barnes. I just bought some Barnes 200 gr LRX Bullets for $35.00/Box of 50. The fact that it is of the same design as the Barnes Bullets? The only difference is the Hammer Bullets are machined and have more grooves. And they cost twice as much. Have fun with your Hammer Bullets. I'll have 2 times the fun with my Barnes for the same $. I have no experience with Hammer Bullets but did research them and based on their price and how accurate and deadly Barnes Bullets have been for me, decided they weren't worth the freight. Barnes Bullets have never failed me in any aspect. Are you also a Creedmore Shooter? You seem very defensive about your Hammer Bullets. I'll try to be more sensitive in the future.

The type of material used is different...the ogive design...the band design...tip design...overall bullet design is completely different than Barnes.

I was going to stay out of this since the thread was not about our bullets to start and I didn't want to hijack.

Our bullets are similar due to the fact that both are less free copper. That's it though. Ours are machined theirs are formed. Ours are softer. Theirs are grooved and ours are drive band. Less pressure with drive bands. Or radius design allows us to seal the bore tolerances without excess pressure in tight bores and still have accuracy in loose bores. That is how we got a patent. We are simply working to make seriously accurate bullets that have excellent reliable terminal performance.

As @FEENIX would say, "it is good that we have choices".

I used Barnes for many years, was my go to bullet for everything. Have been using Hammer for almost a year and from my experience they are a very good bullet. By far the easiest bullet to get a good load for. Crazy accurate and you dont burn up too many getting there.

Lehigh makes a good lead free bullet that's cheaper than Barnes and shoots very well. They are, however, quite explosive. The entire front of the bullet fragments by design and penetration is likely not as good as Barnes.

I've seen E-Tips and Barnes projectiles both applied with success. Not a mono shooter myself, but I can't knock them.

I've used Barnes TSX 130gr in my .270 and have had great results on whitetail. Recently switched to TTSX for this rifle.
Currently use 145 gr LRX in my .280 AI. Have only shot one deer and one Fox with them. I am getting around 1/2 MOA.

I'm looking to start reloading a non toxic round for my new elk gun in 7mm rem mag. i've used the barnes ttsx with good results (130gr 270wsm) and feel this projectile is more reliable for good expansion simply based on the pictures and others experience. the nosler however will likely shoot better groups and has a better BC. the question is will the nosler be as reliable with expansion on softer tissue like lung? the nosler accubonds shoot way better than i should be able to. i assume that since i've been able to get the AB and ballistic tip to shoot great in evey firearm i've tried them in that the etip will be similar results.

any experiences with both on reliable expansion of the two?

Another vote for Hammers
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/hammer-bullets.211476/page-3

No, but all of their new ones have them. What other part "couldn't be further from the truth"? The price? Pardon my hyperbole. You are right they are only twice as expensive as Barnes. I just bought some Barnes 200 gr LRX Bullets for $35.00/Box of 50. The fact that it is of the same design as the Barnes Bullets? The only difference is the Hammer Bullets are machined and have more grooves. And they cost twice as much. Have fun with your Hammer Bullets. I'll have 2 times the fun with my Barnes for the same $. I have no experience with Hammer Bullets but did research them and based on their price and how accurate and deadly Barnes Bullets have been for me, decided they weren't worth the freight. Barnes Bullets have never failed me in any aspect. Are you also a Creedmore Shooter? You seem very defensive about your Hammer Bullets. I'll try to be more sensitive in the future.

Hmmmm... still having trouble with accuracy? (Punn intended) First you said 3 times the price, then twice the price. Getting closer but still inaccurate. Lets take a look
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/9...8-grain-spitzer-boat-tail-lead-free-box-of-50
https://hammerbullets.com/product/308-cal-166g-hammer-hunter/

Actually about half again as much in this case. Sooo, Hammers are made to higher tolerances with better material, have a higher BC and expand more reliably at lower velocities and can be loaded to higher velocities for same weight/cal and nothing but praise for their accuracy and easy load development. You get what you pay for. Your loss fella, not mine.

Barnes bullets are machined too. Watch their video on the making. I've used them and very good. Shot them in Africa on several occasions and the PHs thought they were great.

Monolithic Copper Hollow Point Bullet with Drive Bands instead of Grooves, designed to fold back on impact, slightly different shape. Not a knock off?
"They have the Golden Arches, ours are the Golden Arcs. They have the Big Mac. We have the Big Mc. We both have two all beef patties, pickles, lettuce & special sauce. But they use a sesame seed bun. Ours have no seeds."
Cleo McDowell

Monolithic Copper Hollow Point Bullet with Drive Bands instead of Grooves, designed to fold back on impact, slightly different shape. Not a knock off?
"They have the Golden Arches, ours are the Golden Arcs. They have the Big Mac. We have the Big Mc. We both have two all beef patties, pickles, lettuce & special sauce. But they use a sesame seed bun. Ours have no seeds."
Cleo McDowell
Your statement shows your ignorance in bullet manufacturing, and in the Hammer bullets in general.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.