Nosler E-Tip

I've used them. I killed at 6 1/2 foot black bear at 220 yards with a 308 cal. 168 grainer from my suppressed 308 win. It was a one and done shot between his shoulder blades while he was climbing straight vertically up a hill. I can't complain. They tune easily and do very well with a little jump to the lands.

I tried them in 2 different 7 mm Rem magnums, tried 150 gr from what I remember, could not get to shoot better than 1.5" in either gun at 100 yards. Both these guns shoot 160 gr Accubonds 1/2 to 3/4" groups all day long. And from what I remember they weren't cheap.

Used them in my friend's 300WM for Cali feral hog hunt. They weren't spectacular at MOA best. He killed the hog with a shot to the head, he was aiming at the heart/lung. It was on the move though. I tried Barnes in a couple of WBY rifles, but no-go. In defense of the E-Tip all rifles are different and some may like the E-Tip. That's the fun with reloading, you don't know till you try it. Good luck

When I got my RUM I got a couple boxes of them on sale. They seemed to be just as accurate as the trophy grade accubond loads I had. I used them for two years on deer and they worked like a champ. I shot a doe at 300 yds head on and recovered one just under the hide on the hind quarter. They retained weight better than the couple accubonds I have recovered.

I use the 200gr accubonds now, but I wouldn't think twice about hunting with the E-tips again.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.