Nosler e-tip or Barnes LRX?

Back to the OP question.....

I shoot accubonds out of my 6.5 with 1/2 MOA. I tried switching to the 120 Etips and the best I could get were 1.5 MOA groups. I did not try the Barnes as I have a couple hundred accubonds left.

@FEENIX , queue the popcorn goat

Troublemaker ...

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

:D

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? Never said they were identical. The petals form by the hollow point break off in the Hammer, fold back on the Barnes. I never even said that Hammer wasn't an improvement over the Barnes design. I only said I didn't think their extra cost was worth it to me when I'm very pleased what Barnes Bullets have done for me. You call it an improvement. I call it a knock-off. Sorry y'all got Butt Hurt 0ver my hyperbole in my first post on this. I wonder; Does Hammer pay Barnes any Royalty Fees? Maybe someone can answer that. Oh, I'll lose much sleep over you questioning my credibility. You are correct, this IS a Long Range Hunting Forum. Long Range means different distances to most people. You really should have just stopped with your first sentence in this post. The rest is just regurgitation.

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
Apparently Dry Heat? was not being serious when he said Hammers are a knock off of Barnes. So put the butter and salt away. I like jalapenos with my popcorn. Anyone else? Might be a southwest thing.

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
Apparently Dry Heat? was not being serious when he said Hammers are a knock off of Barnes. So put the butter and salt away. I like jalapenos with my popcorn. Anyone else? Might be a southwest thing.

Si Senor.png

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? Never said they were identical. The petals form by the hollow point break off in the Hammer, fold back on the Barnes. I never even said that Hammer wasn't an improvement over the Barnes design. I only said I didn't think their extra cost was worth it to me when I'm very pleased what Barnes Bullets have done for me. You call it an improvement. I call it a knock-off. Sorry y'all got Butt Hurt 0ver my hyperbole in my first post on this. I wonder; Does Hammer pay Barnes any Royalty Fees? Maybe someone can answer that. Oh, I'll lose much sleep over you questioning my credibility. You are correct, this IS a Long Range Hunting Forum. Long Range means different distances to most people. You really should have just stopped with your first sentence in this post. The rest is just regurgitation.
My reading comprehension is fine. You came into this thread and bashed Hammer bullets, that's what it was. Knock off means copy cat and Hammer bullets are not a copy cat. They are unique. If they were a copy cat they wouldn't have a patent. If you wan't to use and even promote Barnes, E-Tips or whatever, fine. Just don't come around here bashing a good bullet, especially with false info. Like I said, this is the LONG RANGE hunting forums. The other bullets are ok but they aren't a great LR bullet and they don't match up to Hammers at any range.

I may be able to share my experience. I started with lead and said I'd never change. Then I changed my mind when watching how the Barnes made a .223 a much better hog rifle. Then I had times where they didn't work worth a crap. So I found cutting edge. They seemed to be a perfect blend between lead and Barnes. You can read where I sing the praise all over. Then I tried hammers, even better than cutting edge. I was sure it was possible but it is. Every load from lowest charge to highest was under .5" groups. They have amazing terminal performance on top of it. Now you won't find any Barnes being used by me. Very few ceb and many hammers.
To say either is a knock off is dumb. You kinda sound like the old guys that said fuel injection is crap. Only to realize later how ignorant you where. By your logic you should still be driving a model t because they were the first to mass produce a car. Was Barnes the first mono? Doubt it. First to sell at mass production yep. If you are never willing to try something else you should still shoot a flint lock.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.