Norma BondStrike, TipStrike, and J&A Abram bullets

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!
post today GIF

I received a care package today from a very generous member here. Lots more bullets to add to my current database and that will be shared here in this forum. I've used and tested quite a few of these in the past, but that was before I was really documenting things like I am now, so it'll be really great having these samples to add.

Yes, these happen to all be lead core bullets, but I've done several mono bullets too and I'm wanting to add as many of them to the database as I can as well. I do believe I have a few more different mono samples coming in the future too, which will be great.

I'm truly grateful for all the support I get here! It's pretty amazing. I have another package coming tomorrow with more bullets as well.

I'll do my best to get these cut open, measured, photographed, and posted for everyone to see as soon as I can. Fall sports, hunting season fast approaching, and my day job will take most of my time, so bear with me.

9B1A8A62-7F36-487B-A6E9-C7F7F14A93F7.jpeg

Last edited:
I received a care package today from a very generous member here. Lots more bullets to add to my current database and that will be shared here in this forum. I've used and tested quite a few of these in the past, but that was before I was really documenting things like I am now, so it'll be really great having these samples to add.

Yes, these happen to all be less core bullets, but I've done several mono bullets too and and wanting to add as many of them to the database as I can as well. I do believe I have a few more different mono samples coming in the future too, which will be great.

I'm truly grateful for all the support I get here! It's pretty amazing. I have another package coming tomorrow with more bullets as well.

I'll do my best to get these cut open, measured, photographed, and posted for everyone to see as soon as I can. Fall sports, hunting season fast approaching, and my day job will take most of my time, so bear with me.

View attachment 401431
These guys are truly the best on here ! Looks like I wasted a little time going through my stash. If you need some seconds of certain bullets please post. lol

Yes, these happen to all be less core bullets, but I've done several mono bullets too and and wanting to add as many of them to the database as I can as well. I do believe I have a few more different mono samples coming in the future too, which will be great.

View attachment 401431
That's awesome! This gesture is a testament that there are very supportive folks here willing and able to lend a helping hand and help a fellow member in information sharing. In addition, contribute to the ongoing knowledge base. Keep up the excellent work. BRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

Ed

That's awesome! This gesture is a testament that there are very supportive folks here willing and able to lend a helping hand and help a fellow member in information sharing. In addition, contribute to the ongoing knowledge base. Keep up the excellent work. BRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

Ed

Agreed, and thank you!

Is that BRRRRRRRRRRRT stating to sound like a good nick name? or is it just me. JK Petey

Is that BRRRRRRRRRRRT stating to sound like a good nick name? or is it just me. JK Petey
I actually have TONS of them lol. I work with a bunch of military aircraft maintainers, so you can imagine how colorful they get with "Peter" in your last name lol. I learned to embrace it many years ago and it's comical to me now hearing new creative ones. BRRRRT would be pretty mild lol.

Gday Aaron
Well, let me start by saying thanks, I think lol. This particular thread was only posted a few days ago, so you might be thinking of a similar one about bullet construction I originally posted almost a year ago now, but I don't suppose it really matters.

There's a reason the book isnt being rushed to be published. There's a lot left to do before I'll be satisfied and ready to publish it. And it's not something I'm putting out as a war on monos lol. I have no war there, believe it or not. I'm putting out the info and thoughts I have, as it's been requested and suggested numerous times by many.

And yes, obviously once I publish a book, my identity goes out with it, and I know what that means. At least it's on my terms at that point lol. And my identity has already been broadcast here, as well as my current sprouting startup business lol. I'm not hiding. In fact, for those that don't know, my name is Aaron Peterson. Petey is a nickname I got when I was stationed in Germany. It's actually not really been used much anymore, but I still use it for user IDs in some places, such as here lol. I'm still a full time member of the US Air Force, on year 19, as a crew chief on the A-10 Thunderbolt. I've been stationed in Europe, South Korea, and of course stateside, and have seen numerous combat deployments and temporary duties all over the world. This sort of thing though (hunting, bullets, making ammo, terminal ballistics, etc) is my passion, and what I will fall to full time after I retire.

Yes, I have a long ways to go in my journey and a lot to still be learned. My work with bullets like the Apex Afterburner is just an example of me continuing to learn more, and particularly with new mono bullet technologies. I continue to strive to keep an open mind and learn. That said, I take pride in not quickly giving up on my beliefs and I stick up for myself and what I think is right. The other side does as well, as would be expected. I do my best to keep professional and civil, but I'm human and have made mistakes there. I'm still fairly young and know as a result my experience is limited. I'm working with what I have so far though. Facts are hard to come by sometimes and I would argue there is a TON that so far has to be left to theory, unfortunately. There are just too many current variables and hurdles we don't currently have the means to get over to get to actual facts. Hopefully someday we will, and the sooner the better.

I know I got off on the wrong foot with many when I posted about monos, but I also think my intent was mistaken. I was reluctant to post that, and at the time I do believe I was still a bit naive to think it was unbiased enough to not get taken out of context. I have regrets with that post and thread. I'd do it much differently now that I've gained more wisdom in the last year of being much more active in this forum. The book I'm working on will reflect that wisdom and how it's laid out will be the best I can come up with to be delicate and unbiased and sensitive to many hunters' beliefs and preferences. It'll be all from me with nothing borrowed without express permission, such as pictures or stories and examples. I'm sure there will be many criticisms and disagreements, as there always is and always will be. You just can't please and satisfy everyone.

I appreciate your efforts and I admire and envy your situation with having been blessed with such an immense opportunity to get a lot of experience hunting and shooting lots of different bullets and animals. I appreciate you sharing your experience and results too.

I can only hope we can all learn to get along and work together and stop all the back and forth and actually be productive. I'm also sorry you seem to have issue with those you refer to as the company I keep. Perhaps we both have a few supporters in our respective corners, so to speak, but that would imply there's a fight, and I truly don't wish there to be a fight.

In the end, I'm just like you claim for yourself. I'm no expert and I'm just a simple man too. I'm not selling anything right now. I'm just posting up data, thoughts, and my experience thus far, and engaging in discussions.

Thanks for your reply,

Aaron.
Well thanks I think also lol

I was talking this thread as it was a few days since I'd seen it & was only a couple of posts , then the rest happened once I came back
No need to go back to that one 12 months ago all water under the bridge for me & a few things learnt since then anyway

That's good to here about the book & although I'm not a big book reader I look forward to the day it comes out

So here's a bit more information on how I found my way to monos & may be worth investigating a little on these yourself ( im not telling you what to do that's solely upto you ) as the following hands down is the best type/style of mono produced ( from the fur calculator) & why I don't believe you will wage a war on monos once you see the advancement in monos its a lot like from cast to c&c then to bonded it's all a learning process & the application we can now use this information to our benefit if we choose to or just keep shooting cast & all is good with me but please don't tell me they will outperform a proper design c&c pill in today's world if we use the c&c correctly

So stepping back a little

I was a frangible junkie & you wouldn't get through my thick skull that a mono would even compete with a c&c ( except a true solid ) & until I cleared my head after I was forced to use a mono that the light was switched on in my stubborn mindset & said to myself mmmm now if I could do this it may work & through the fur calculator over the years I went from well I won't do that again to mmm ok that worked ok but still resorted back to c&c really my game changer was the gpa & it's been a love hate relationship with monos ever since as I got one part right but suffered deficiency in other areas then raptors came along mmm we started getting closer to what I envisioned especially in 45&50 cal as those pills work really really good but my 375&30 cal were left wanting my final straw with them was destroying a raptors shank & while I never tried to replicate that again ( lesson learnt) I just couldn't bring myself to use them again so back to c&c & was still not happy there as I was seeing erratic results on some resistances & im not one to try & stay off bone or not take that hard quarter as if it presents I will take it out & realised later in life it actually happens in the field to more people than I realised wether animal behaviour or peoples traits/ capabilities

Impala bullets we're the other lightbulb moment & I'll go back to our ball & cube brief discussion a long time ago & if you would like to investigate impala bullets & put that into the mix with the gpa is what I saw as a potential candidate , just trying to find it was hard

Move to Today we have multiple companies producing a kinda hybrid of these pills & still variations between them all ( especially killing efficiency) & I hope you find that out on your journey but one thing that will help is starting from the basics & finding the velocity windows where preformance is not compromised or drops off considerably & you need to work this out for yourself as that's where your knowledge will come from ( it's really no different than the way c&c work on velocity windows & I think you'll get it & please I'm not trying to belittle ) or watch the guys who post results especially if they catch a shank ( study these very closely as part of your key is here to getting a idea of potential preformance issues but nothing better than first hand experience imo ) & with respect most companies are not what they promote

I think the afterburners will be good for you as they are fairly new & I was lucky to see marks first gen on paper & believe it's been refined since & it will again I'm pretty sure or you won't see them in the years to come but overall very little data on it so you'll have a clearer head & put together a picture overtime

Thanks for giving me & others a bit more background info on you not that it's my concern as I'm not going to hunt you down lol
Everyone should stick to their values/ morals & stand up for what they believe & the true merit of a person is their ability to challenge their self & question theories in a civil manner & im still learning , with guidance & stepping back I hold hope for myself & the majority of people , some are beyond help
On theories we need them , it raises the bar eventually it's how we go about fact or fiction thats the hard part & I just go pop things to see yes I'm lucky but some companies like badlands that I've just learnt are doing some good things with their testers on critters & it's not just popping critters , these guys I believe are doing that company proud & they will lift the bar on a already good product
I guess it's getting the correct people around us all to sort through the crap

Fair call on in ea others camps & guess time will tell around here if we can all get on
I truly hope so
I will say I'm not going to spend much time here as I believe I can help / learn on the forum I call home as it's way more civilised there yes we have disagreements but it's the end goal that's the picture we strive for imo that makes that place incredibly awesome but if it settles here I may spend a little more time 🤷‍♂️
& time will tell on that

Thanks for taking the time reading & if I missed anything point it out or pull me up
Cheers Fordy

The other package came today with a ton more bullets. I can't thank you guys enough for being so generous and supportive. I know some of these are better than gold right now lol.

These all will keep me really busy for a while, but I promise I'll get them done and posted just as soon as I can. That's the whole point. This isn't just for me. It's to be helpful for the whole community and just increase the knowledge base.

A777CA97-F734-42D8-BFFF-6C8470115FB1.jpeg
CBF3A212-60CA-468A-B6C0-00934E17C119.jpeg

The other package came today with a ton more bullets. I can't thank you guys enough for being so generous and supportive. I know some of these are better than gold right now lol.

These all will keep me really busy for a while, but I promise I'll get them done and posted just as soon as I can. That's the whole point. This isn't just for me. It's to be helpful for the whole community and just increase the knowledge base.

View attachment 401971View attachment 401972
Oh HELLYEAH! I know these supportive, good folks keep you going and do your best in information sharing, making your time and efforts worthwhile to fellow open-minded members willing and able to learn. Keep up the excellent work.

Ed