6.5 Bondstrike experience

Rok1167

Anybody have any experience with the 143 Bondstrikes? Looking for general feedback, terminal performance, etc. Seating jump would be great too. Still not much out there on the interwebz yet.

I have shot norma factory ammo loaded with them in 6.5 PRC, they really shot well in a browning X-Bolt white gold medallion rifle with Leo VX6 HD 3-18 X 50. I also have a couple of hundred for reloading but just haven't gotten around to it yet. 143 ELD-X and 142 Nosler ABLR were both DRT one shot kills on white tail bucks at about 125 yds, so have no reason to believe a great bonded bullet like the bond strike wouldn't have great terminal performance. I'm gonna use reloading numbers from 142 gr Nosler ABLR and 143 gr Hornady ELD-X to start with.

I have loaded them in 6.5x55 and 6.5 creed, they were easy to make shoot well and make a nice mushroom when hitting dirt which is all I've done so far

I've shot the factory Norma in 2 different Browning X-bolts in PRC and in an X-bolt in 6.5 Creedmoor and in a Savage Ultralite in 6.5 Creedmoor and all 4 shot outstanding groups, under 1" easily.

I've got a Christensen Mesa FFT in 6.5 PRC that will shoot them .75 MOA or better all day long with my Nomad Ti suppressor. According to my Magnetospeed, Im getting 2,725 out of the 20" tube with a Sd of 9, and an Es of 18. There's absolutely no reason to attempt to hand load when I'm getting factory numbers like that for such a relatively low price. I bought cheap and stacked deep on these. I don't see a reason to ever change loadings for this rifle.
I have taken a couple of hogs with them. Bullets weren't recovered, but they were very easy to track in the brush and they didn't get far.

Attachments

• IMG_3245.jpeg
    IMG_3245.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 43
I have shot norma factory ammo loaded with them in 6.5 PRC, they really shot well in a browning X-Bolt white gold medallion rifle with Leo VX6 HD 3-18 X 50. I also have a couple of hundred for reloading but just haven't gotten around to it yet. 143 ELD-X and 142 Nosler ABLR were both DRT one shot kills on white tail bucks at about 125 yds, so have no reason to believe a great bonded bullet like the bond strike wouldn't have great terminal performance. I'm gonna use reloading numbers from 142 gr Nosler ABLR and 143 gr Hornady ELD-X to start with.
Thanks for the feedback. I shoot a 6.5 PRC (SAKO S20 Hunter) and this is helpful. I also load 143gr ELD-X and 142gr Nosler ABLR for my rifle too. I shot a deer with the ELD-X's at 120 yards and although it didn't drop him, he only went 50 yards. My only issue with the ELD-X's is that on the deer I killed about a month ago, there was a pencil hole in (normal) and a pencil hole out (not normal). But I will be the first to say that it could have been my shot placement. The deer was walking and I over compensated and hit him almost too far ahead on his front shoulders. Sorry to get off track as this is a bond strike post. Please let us know how the bond strikes do if you shoot a deer or other big game animal. Thanks

Recent Posts