Partition vs TTSX vs Bondstrike

buckwest

LRH Team Member
All, I m interested in the groups opinion or experiences with these bullets.

I love the Nosler Partition. I've been shooting in all my big game rifles for 25 years. I've not had any issues other than a drop off in accuracy in the 600Yd range. I've always thought they should do something about the soft lead tip.

I have some friends that are totally enamored with the Barnes TTSX and the Norma Bondstrike. The numbers published are impressive.

The two rifles I've seen the accuracy drop off are in the 300 Weatherby and the 300 RUM in 180Gr Partition for both.

I'm interested in your thoughts.

memtb

I was absolutely Partition, and they’re still a good choice, until the Barnes X’s came out in the early ‘90’s. Barnes is our “go to” bullet for all big game hunting. No experience with the Bondstrike’s. memtb

idcwby

All good bullets and all have there place. Just depends on what your trying to accomplish, will determine which one will work the best for you.

snox801

The partitions are a great bullet. But if you want the best go to hammer. The do everything a Barnes does but better. I can’t see one thing Barnes does better. And I used to run Barnes, then cutting edge, and now hammers. Hammers just seem to do a better in all ranges.

Send it 284

I've had some awesome results with 140 partitions on elk with my 6.5 saum.
Switching to the 127 LRX this year for less meat damage.
Hoping they kill like a partition

Hand Skills

I wouldn't count on it. Barnes bullets tend to hold together and retain nearly all their weight. There's no 'frag' effect unless you hit bone on the way in

The partitions I have recovered shed 30-40% of their weight. They frag even if only soft tissue is encountered.

The wound channels look very different.

On one hand, dead is dead, but on the other, not all bullets are created equal.

All I can say is; you like the Nosler partition, you will love hammer bullets.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.