6.5 Bondstrike experience

If I shot eld m in my rifle it would look like a hand grenade. They are thin walled target bullets. I shoot the scirroco 2 they don't explode I own 6.5 need more the prc and a 6.5 300 wby the eldm don't like high velocity that's why they use them at long range. I use the 130 scirroco 2 in the weatherby same results from 50 yard to 400 yards

I agreed completely with the above until I saw an elk at 300 and nine African animals at 100 yards (shoulder and vital shots) taken with a 147 at 2900. No grenade, just quick death.

My boy killed a raghorn last weekend with the 143 gr Factory Bondstrikes in 6.5 PRC. Quartering away at 270 yds, we recovered the bullet in front of offside shoulder just under the skin. ~ 65% weight retention. He's shooting an X Bolt speed SR, the factory ammo is 2765 fps in the 20" barrel. Also DRT'd an antelope around 200 yds earlier this fall. I've bought 500 bullets, just haven't got around to loading any yet. Bought 5 boxes of the Norma Bondstrike initially just to have descent brass. They do shoot great, he's shooting 3/4" @ 200 yds!
IMG_4419.jpeg

My boy killed a raghorn last weekend with the 143 gr Factory Bondstrikes in 6.5 PRC. Quartering away at 270 yds, we recovered the bullet in front of offside shoulder just under the skin. ~ 65% weight retention. He's shooting an X Bolt speed SR, the factory ammo is 2765 fps in the 20" barrel.
Thanks for the report. I have some of these Im planning to load up in 6.5 CM (in some hybrid 277 Fury brass I converted, but that's another story).

But are you sure about that velocity and PRC? That's only 100 fps faster than 6.5 CM in a 20":

Thanks for the report. I have some of these Im planning to load up in 6.5 CM (in some hybrid 277 Fury brass I converted, but that's another story).

But are you sure about that velocity and PRC? That's only 100 fps faster than 6.5 CM in a 20":
Yeah, I thought they were a little slow myself. Used the MagnetoSpeed and the 7 shot average was 2765. Dialing out to 600 yds has been spot on though…

Can confirm velocity. I'm getting 2725 in my 20".

I can confirm that the velocity wasn't up to what I was expecting. I don't have the data in front of me, but it was slower than I expected. The 156gr factory Berger's I also use, shot a touch faster than the 143 Norma's.

Recent Posts