No more Matrix .277 165 gr.

Did you hear why they will not be making them? Everything I read seems like there is a huge need by some devoted .277 enthusiast.

Matrix Ballistics was sold. The new owner has little interest in making hunting bullets. Marshall still has the .277 dies.

Well if Marshall still has the .277 dies maybe we can convince him to make some. A group buy once a year type of thing.

Well if Marshall still has the .277 dies maybe we can convince him to make some. A group buy once a year type of thing.

I don't know Marshall or his current bullet making situation. If anyone knows him well enough to ask, I know that I would definitely be in. I am sure for what I have seen on this site, that there would definitely be enough demand.

He may have a no compete with the new owner but you wouldn't think so on the hunting bullets if he still has the dies. You can PM him on here and ask him if he is interested and how many bullets would need to be ordered for him to do it.

I have a few 175s kicking around, I "might" sometime down the road cater to the 27 crowd. Yes I kept all the 27 stuff, wont happen this year though

I have a few 175s kicking around, I "might" sometime down the road cater to the 27 crowd. Yes I kept all the 27 stuff, wont happen this year though

Good thing that there are only a few months remaining in this year...:)

Now I am going to have to pull all my hopeless and hopelessly hot 165 loads to retrieve the bullets.

I have just finalized two different powder loads on my new action with the 165s. All I have left to do is to fiddle with the seating depths...

Dang...I am now going to have to conserve the 165 projectiles...

That's a real bummer,we(270) shooters nearly had it all,if the bergers don't shoot it's back to slim pickings.I have really tried with the 150lrab but have found them inconsistent in my rifle,1/2 moa one day poo the next!I may have been driving them too quick.Ill try the bergers in the next few weeks.

It will be interesting to see if they do as most all of the factory 270 chamberings are 1-10" twist. This does not lend to very long bullets. If they do it will more than likely be a marginally stable bullet.

I couldn't sleep a few days ago so I did what any normal guy would do and started checking various bullets on a twist calculator. I was amazed at how many bullets are marketed very marginal in stability. 1.2-1.3 sg, even found some lower.

It is just like fishing lures. The first fish they have to catch is the fisherman.

Steve
Well theyve made the Interbond in 277 for a couple of decades up to 150g.

If they decide to add a 277 to the ELD-X line I would bet it will be in the 55-60 class and show a market improvement over the Interbonds impressive G1 BC of .525.

Another one well worth looking at is the Peregrine Plains Master VRg-4.

They are really working hard at getting enough inventory built up to start taking a bite out of the market. If you have a gun that will shoot them well give them a ride. They fly well and do exactly what they are intended to do at the terminal end.

Most impressive new bullet that I've shot in probably 30 years.

Well theyve made the Interbond in 277 for a couple of decades up to 150g.

If they decide to add a 277 to the ELD-X line I would bet it will be in the 55-60 class and show a market improvement over the Interbonds impressive G1 BC of .525.

Another one well worth looking at is the Peregrine Plains Master VRg-4.

They are really working hard at getting enough inventory built up to start taking a bite out of the market. If you have a gun that will shoot them well give them a ride. They fly well and do exactly what they are intended to do at the terminal end.

Most impressive new bullet that I've shot in probably 30 years.

You have not shot mine.

Steve

You have not shot mine.

Steve

Now that I have a longer mag box (~3.6") for my 270 Wby. I can probably push your .277 156gr Hammers to over 3400-3500fps+. Will my 28", 1-9 twist, stabilize this bullet?

Also...what is the section density on this bullet?

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.