Nikon Warranty

How was your experience with Nikon warranty? I sent out 2 weeks ago a P-308 4-12x40 for a turret knob that fell off, I just received a brand new P-308 replacement. At the same time I sent out a Nikon 3-9x40 with no model name that wouldn't zero. I received a Monarch 3 2.5-10x42 yesterday.

The 3-9x40 Nikon I couldn't tell you the history on, it came on a rifle that I bought. It would get close (within 2" of center) to zero but wouldn't zero. I tried with two boxes of bullets on two different occasions.

The P308 was on a DPMS LR 308 it lost the screw that held the knob onto the turret after about 500 rounds. The scope held zero and glass was clear.

In 2005 I bought a 5.5-16.5x42 Monarch UCC that has been amazing. I had it on my 300 Remington ultra mag, removed it when I sold the rifle. And then mounted to my 300 WinMag. 12 years later it still holds zero and I've never had a complaint about the BDC reticle. Sometime in 2012 someone at the range took my turret covers, I called Nikon and they sent me a set.

Overall I'm satisfied with their product, the two encounters that I had were not severe. If either problem occurred in the field, it would not have interfered with a hunt.

The overall experience with the warranty was awesome. I own two other brands, Leupold and Vortex. Both have equal the outstanding warranty, and I've encountered equally minor problems with both brands.

I just thought I'd share my experience, and see what others have experienced.

Thanks for posting those experiences.
I have two Monarchs. They have never failed. On is on a 300WSM and had seen time on a 7RM. They do dial good and have good glass. They are a deal for the price point. They just always seen to be behind the cure a bit on the long range thing but they are always getting better. I love the 3 sets of turret knobs and the 1/8 MOA ones are great for varmint hunting and such. Love the lockable side parallax knob too!

I have 3 Nikon scopes and have had the same experience with Nikon. You do have to pay shipping to them but they pay return shipping which imo is a small price for usually a new scope or an up graded scope. Customer service is number 1.

I got you all beat. I return a binocular to Nikon because it fogged inside. It would clear up when I aimed the objective toward the sun. When I returned from the three week hunt I sent them for repair. They sent me a new upgrade. A couple weeks later another binocular arrives. I called them to let them know they already sent me one. They argued with me so I let it slide.

Warranty is amazing. A few years ago I ran over my brothers rifles with my truck. Crushed the two monarch scopes he had mounted. Sent them back just to see and they sent out two brand new upgraded scopes to him. That was after I was very truthful and told them what happened

On the two Monarch's I've had to return for service, they made me go through the "send it in" cycle two times each before they replaced them.

I had one 3-9x that worked fine.

I currently have a 3-12x I need to send in. If I adjust elevation the windage position of the crosshair changes. I think this is called cross-coupling. This scope is one of the two I had to send in twice before getting replaced.

Just shot my friend's 8X32X50 Monarch ED yesterday. It's windage adjustment doesn't adjust at all. After a call to Nikon, am mailing it today. Was told his scope is older model and if unrepairable, Nikon will give credit for a new scope. Did not say send a new scope. Not sure what "credit for a new scope" means, but will post result when I find out.

Great to read threads discussing how Nikon stands behind the products that they make. The true measure of a quality company is how they treat their customer's after the sale. I do freelance PR/Shooting Event's for Nikon so if at any time you guy's have a Nikon question drop me a note and I will get back to you 24/7/365. Here's a short video showing how Nikon will stand behind your purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweRfw4vMEY

Great to read threads discussing how Nikon stands behind the products that they make. The true measure of a quality company is how they treat their customer's after the sale. I do freelance PR/Shooting Event's for Nikon so if at any time you guy's have a Nikon question drop me a note and I will get back to you 24/7/365. Here's a short video showing how Nikon will stand behind your purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweRfw4vMEY

Thanks for letting us know. Maybe you can help me out with a scope's weight. I checked several places on the 'net with no success. There is a new 4-20X. I think it is a Monarch 5 and I also think it has a 50mm objective. Does it have a 1" tube?

You are correct, Nikon has 16357 4-20x50ED SF MONARCH 5 Matte Nikoplex w/ XR Turret. I just orderted one for my personal use. They are currently on sale for $100 off. The MONARCH 5 Series are all 1 inch tubes.
As for the weight, I do not know but I will find out for you.This scope also comes with the Advance BDC reticle which is etched for 10 mph wind correction.

This is one heck of a piece of glass and a great price at $599. Sorry guy's, I don't do any sales, just pasing along some info I thought might save you some money.

The weight on the MONARCH 5 4-20 is 21.3 oz., the Max adjustment is 45 MOA.

Thanks for the info. I have a scope I really like that weighs 22.2 ounces. It also has a 50mm objective. I have another request. If you have other quality scopes could you put some deer antlers at least 100 yards away and compare how long the other quality scope will last compared to your new Monarch 5? I have a Monarch 3 5-20X44 that I will compare with my other scope and see how it does.

Just shot my friend's 8X32X50 Monarch ED yesterday. It's windage adjustment doesn't adjust at all. After a call to Nikon, am mailing it today. Was told his scope is older model and if unrepairable, Nikon will give credit for a new scope. Did not say send a new scope. Not sure what "credit for a new scope" means, but will post result when I find out.

Sent this scope to Nikon 3 weeks ago. Got a phone call today, Nikon is replacing the scope with a choice of three Monarch 5 scopes. Chose the 5X25X50 ED. Nikon rep said the scope will ship overnight shipping and should get it this Friday. This is in my opinion outstanding customer service. Every person I talked to at Nikon was extremely understanding and dedicated to resolving the repair/replacement of this scope. This scope is going on a hunt very soon and Nikon stepped up and made it happen!

Glad you were taken care of to your satisfaction! Nikon really does strive to keep the customer happy long after the purchase. One of the reason's I continue to do freelance work for them is the way they treat people. Lots of great new stuff coming out this year, much of it is optic's you guy's have asked me about. Wish I could give you a preview but I'm can't.
As always, drop me a note if you have any Nikon Sport Optic's question's.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.