Nikon Warranty Update

I bought a Nikon on eBay. I really liked it, until after my first hunt I noticed the vertical reticle was broken. Still shoots o.k. if you know which reticle to use. I expected Nikon to have the same warranty as Leupold. Sadly dissapointed. You aren't just paying for a warranty, you are paying for a dependable scope. I've never had a Leupold fail, and all of my scopes are banged up eventually. A VX-1 2x7-33 Compact scope is selling on eBay right now for $200. I have had several I used for sheep hunting, and they are great (and lightweight) scopes. They are also compact, which makes them less likely to get banged around as you are pulling the rifle out. I used to have a rifle case that attached to the front of the seat. It kept the rifle perfectly protected. If you don't have a bench seat, you could attach a case to the back of the seat.

That's a crappy deal for you folks down there,,, Nikon has been good to us up here in the North with the no fualt warranty...

Of course a person """might""" choose to add a bit of customer satisfaction when sending something back for service,,, Ha...

I'm pretty sure that they will cover most repairs on my products...

They like me,,, and I'm not afraid to let them know that I appreciate them serving my needs and wants...

Stay positive and praze goes along ways in my world of business...

Cheers from the North

That's a crappy deal for you folks down there,,, Nikon has been good to us up here in the North with the no fualt warranty...

Of course a person """might""" choose to add a bit of customer satisfaction when sending something back for service,,, Ha...

I'm pretty sure that they will cover most repairs on my products...

They like me,,, and I'm not afraid to let them know that I appreciate them serving my needs and wants...

Stay positive and praze goes along ways in my world of business...

Cheers from the North
They have updated their canadian warranty as well. For some reason, when I went to Nikons site earlier today it sent me to their canadian site - warranty or lack thereof is the exact same as it is here in the US.

https://en.nikonsportoptics.ca/service-and-support/warranty.page

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts