Burris Warranty

bamban

Years ago, pre-AR10 days, I bought a Diamond series scope. It served me well as a hunting optics. A great scope.

Fast forward to 2019, I mounted it on a new AR10 build. No issue with it except for its length, just kind of awkward looking on 16.25 barrel for its length. One day while doing field shooting, zero went to hell, reticle leaning to one side.

Sent it to Burris, they declared it non-repairable, they sent me a brand new Veracity for replacement. It took them a week to send the replacement, fast service. I didn't have any idea where the Veracity was made till I had it on hand... made in the Philippines. Externally it is fine, mounted it on another AR10, 308.

Fast forward to a month ago, while testing a batch of M118 LRs, group went from sub MOA to some ridiculous uncontrolled multiple MOA. Contacted Burris, got the RMA, sent it to them 2 weeks ago. I was informed the scope was repaired the details will be in the document inside the box.

Last Friday, I received the repaired scope. Sure enough, the problem and repair was spelled out --- loose erector, repaired and tested.

While warranty work had been great, my issue, the Diamond series, Made in the USA, died was replaced by a Philippine made one, not happy with that. Both were killed by AR10s. I guess the reverse impulse is too much for these two particular units. I know about the huge AR10 BCG impact on some scopes, but I expected the Burris line would survive.

Though their lifetime warranty repair is commendable, I would rather not exercise it.

Last edited: