nightforce made in china??? - no -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side car, I 100% agree with your american manufacturing model... and suspect you may have been involved in the production of automobiles.... which I think was one of the leaders in developing the model much to my chagrin.

I also remember that not much of the Japanese manufactured product was very highly thought of in the late 40's and early 50's and yet today is some of the best in the world. Probably due to new manufacturing facilities and machines which were rebuilt/installed after the end of world war II.

Korean manufacturing products have like wise made big improvements in the last 10 years or so. Today's Hyundai's are much improved over the original imports. I suspect as China modernized (lots of new factories opening there now with new equipment in many manufacturing disciplines) that their products will have a marked improvement in quality over the next 30 or 40 years.. I suspect our sons... will be wowed by the NF or Kahles scopes made in China, that are not made there now.

Time and circumstances changes most everything. The latest equipment and education marches on... In the mean time... I suspect there are a lot of NF knock off's out there just like there are or were a lot of knock off watches, tennis shoes and jeans which as of yet don't have the quality of the copied brand! Buyer beware...

So, if you've been here a while, that makes you a seasoned troll I would presume.....:)

I guess so Flip, I should have added though the post is full of extreme inaccuracies. $50 scope? :rolleyes: Come on...

All I was trying to say is it would be nice to join a forum and add some useful content or communication first, so other members could get to know you a little before you go off on a negative product post like this. I will say there is a decent percentage of member here that use NF scopes and most like them just fine. This is why I feel the 1st post, from this new member, and the radical content of it, was a trolling post to provoke an argument.

Maybe not, but that is how I view it. And it looks like at least one other member agrees. Just my personal opinion.

Jeff

Last edited:
I guess so Flip, I should have added though the post is full of extreme inaccuracies. $50 scope? :rolleyes: Come on...

All I was trying to say is it would be nice to join a forum and add some useful content or communication first, so other members could get to know you a little before you go off on a negative product post like this. I will say there is a decent percentage of member here that use NF scopes and most like them just fine. This is why I feel the 1st post, from this new member, and the radical content of it, was a trolling post to provoke an argument.

Maybe not, but that is how I view it. And it looks like at least one other member agrees. Just my personal opinion.

Jeff

The first post of that new "member" was completely out to lunch and inflammatory. That is the definition of a troll IMO. If that isn't I don't know what is.

I see scope parts going out the door every day and while I won't say where they're going, I'm a long way from China or Japan. The guy sitting next to me worked in Leupold's mill dept for years. I doubt he was cutting air that whole time. I also doubt those Mori lathes at Nightforce are making parts for Barbie dolls.

Not much more to add at this point other than I will keep running my NXS scopes as they are top quality and repeatably track spot on. Don't care where they are made.
Pretty hard to buy "made in America" these days.

You come on here spewing a bunch of crap about NF being a $50 dollar scope made in China and sold here for $2000. That's what I call a troll. I own 2 NF scopes and they are of superior quality. One of them has absorbed the full weight of my body twice in falls during hunting and still functions perfectly. I can count 25 cal bullet holes on a target @ 427 yds. The tracking is crisp and perfect.

As to where they are made, this is printed on their website for anyone to see which is posted for the second time in this thread...

It would be nice if they were made 100% in the US but in the end I don't give a rat's ***. I do know they ARE NOT made in China. A lot of quality products are made overseas in a variety of countries including Japan.

Take your $50 made in China crap and peddle it somewhere else.

And you are an American? Take your trator a## and go live in China!!!!!!! Typical non informed buyer. As for where they are made turn it over. It won't say "Made in America" anywhere. I really appreciate your pompous attitude. I can use you as an example of what persons who have a lack of ability to research expensive parts need to do. Obviously you are a great representation of that. You are the example of how to stand up for our country's demise. You just keep on spending those thousands over to China which is absolutely verified fact that persons in quality control who visit and watch them go in the box. The parts are made all over the world with the recent addition of China as a supplier. Nightforce has expanded their warehouse to accept more foreign product. If it says so on the web site where they are made you would find only that they are a USA company. If you're lucky that "Crap" I spewed your way will knock some sense into you.
gun)

If a new members very first post is a bashing post, I call Troll.

Jeff

So your idea of passing along inside information that only a very few are privy to makes me a "troll?" I will remember not to read your postings at all. You only want your forum followers to know the good and not the bad? I would call you narrow minded. Take a class in finance. You sure are helping out. Nothings bad, you love it all as long as it is expensive. Classic! Why don't you post a message so we all know no bad ratings allowed or we will jump all over you? Boy you are a lot of help. On my next Quality visit to China I'll bring you along. You can help put the scopes in the boxes. I have already told you too much. I am done with this issue. Hopefully I will at least help those who care where their dollars and jobs go. And buy the way I can afford any scope I want. Leopold is MADE IN USA. The glass is ground in Japan. Not China. Nikon, Leopold and many others carry good Japanese product for a much better price and quality. However, Zeiss is the premier lens grinder in the world. In China we get… remember the poor glass quality that nearly destroyed Hubble. That's a satellite in case it slipped your mind.gun)

So your idea of passing along inside information that only a very few are privy to makes me a "troll?" I will remember not to read your postings at all. You only want your forum followers to know the good and not the bad? I would call you narrow minded. Take a class in finance. You sure are helping out. Nothings bad, you love it all as long as it is expensive. Classic! Why don't you post a message so we all know no bad ratings allowed or we will jump all over you? Boy you are a lot of help. On my next Quality visit to China I'll bring you along. You can help put the scopes in the boxes. I have already told you too much. I am done with this issue. Hopefully I will at least help those who care where their dollars and jobs go. And buy the way I can afford any scope I want. Leopold is MADE IN USA. The glass is ground in Japan. Not China. Nikon, Leopold and many others carry good Japanese product for a much better price and quality. However, Zeiss is the premier lens grinder in the world. In China we get… remember the poor glass quality that nearly destroyed Hubble. That's a satellite in case it slipped your mind.gun)
Not reading Broz posts will make you worse off he is a wealth of knowledge and knows what he is talking about. Thanks for all the info I am not gonna bash your opinion or fact whatever they may be but I will keep on using my NF scopes because I believe they are very reliable and don't care if they are made in japan. But China is a little much don't you think? I think if you called NF they would help give you all the info you will need to solve this issue. Every time I have called them they have been very curteous and seem to want to give you the correct info.

And you are an American? Take your trator a## and go live in China!!!!!!! Typical non informed buyer. As for where they are made turn it over. It won't say "Made in America" anywhere. I really appreciate your pompous attitude. I can use you as an example of what persons who have a lack of ability to research expensive parts need to do. Obviously you are a great representation of that. You are the example of how to stand up for our country's demise. You just keep on spending those thousands over to China which is absolutely verified fact that persons in quality control who visit and watch them go in the box. The parts are made all over the world with the recent addition of China as a supplier. Nightforce has expanded their warehouse to accept more foreign product. If it says so on the web site where they are made you would find only that they are a USA company. If you're lucky that "Crap" I spewed your way will knock some sense into you.
gun)

Do yourself a favor and just go away - you have no credibility here.

Status
Not open for further replies.