New Wisconsin Long Range Shooting Facility

I'm on the West side of WI. I have some buddies that would be willing to make a trip over with me for classes/range time.

I'm from the Milwaukee area and I know I'd be interested in a range like this, especially if it offered classes and setups to shoot from barricades and alternate positions. Keep us posted on your progress!

I live in central Wisconsin. I would LOVE to shoot long range. Only time I ever get to shoot beyond 100 yards is in South Dakota. The gun club here has weird rules about their 600 yrd range. I have the rifle for 1000+ yards. I need to stretch it's legs.

I assume you're talking the Wood county range? What's the deal with them? There's always Lodi but I think they may be the same way, only available to certain members/times.

I assume you're talking the Wood county range? What's the deal with them? There's always Lodi but I think they may be the same way, only available to certain members/times.
Lodi Charges $335 a year. The gun club here isn't very expensive but their range is only 600 yards. You have to be a member, n good standing, for 6 months before you can use the range.

Where about you located? There are a few ranges spread out in WI.

Osoh
JH

I live in central Wisconsin. I would LOVE to shoot long range. Only time I ever get to shoot beyond 100 yards is in South Dakota. The gun club here has weird rules about their 600 yrd range. I have the rifle for 1000+ yards. I need to stretch it's legs.

Have you tried Schiocton? 567yrds with steel. $5 day pass.

What do you have for a 1000 yard gun and what are you goals for stretching it out. What is your maximum distance that your system is capable of aiming on target with a DA floating somewhere in the +1800 range.

I've shot some good distance with accuracy and might be able to give you some good ideas as to where to go.

There's also a fair amount of folks here willing to help as well.

Marshfield area here
Osoh
JH

Last edited by a moderator: