Where to shoot Long Range in WISCONSIN?

ranger160

<b>SPONSOR</b>
Anyone know of a place in the Badger state that one can shoot long range? I am retired military and not from around these parts originally, so that is the reason for the inquiry!

Ranger
There is a range just outside of Lodi (15 min. north of Madison) that you can shoot up to 1000 yds. Can't remember the name for sure I think it starts with W. I don't think it's a public range and I don't know what it takes to join, but at least this info might get you pointed in the right direction.
Chris

You may also want to check out Bristol, depending on where you live. I think that goes out to 600 yards. Other than that, there are a few smaller ranges, ie 300 yards or less that are scattered around. One of these off the top of my head is McMillar over in Eagle, but I am not sure if the 300 yard range is open yet. Call (262)594-5900 to find out. PS. it is public, no membership, just an hourly or daily charge.

Apologies if I'm talking about the same range that 7ultra already mentioned. There's a nice 300 yard range in Marathon County, about 2 hours north of Madison.

good shooting. And also thanks for the heads up on a 1,000 range, that could be useful someday.

Duane Corbin shooting range, HWY N west out of Rib Mtn. to Hwy K in between Rib Mtn. and Mosinee, has a 300yd range, they do have a 600 yd range, but noone knows when you can use that thing, have to ask Tom when you get there, they open up in the last Sat. in April, 24th I believe. Jay

Ranger,
I just realized that you lived near Tomah. In that case, disregard any of the ranges I named, because they are in the Southeast corner of the state( a bit of a drive from Frt. McKoy). Sorry

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts